𝚘𝚗𝚎

𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚛/ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝙸 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚕/ 𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚖

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

You open your eyes. A bead of sweat trickled by your ear. Your back was drenched and the covers were discarded on the floor. You tried to calm your erratic breathing, but your heart kept pounding in your chest. 

Calm down Y/N, you told yourself. Its just a recurring dream.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP,  your alarm answered.

"Shut up," you muttered as you turned it off. You then realize that it was the alarm for school, and you groaned into your hands.

It has been four years since you've been to school. You sit up in your bed. You hadn't had the reason to go there in the first place. You had taken the offer to be the lead actress in the hit movie trilogy Metropolis back in 2016, worked hard and rose to fame after four years, only to be put inside in 2020, instead of going on the tour of your life. Its now 2021, and suddenly mother wants to stick you back to school to get "proper education." Honestly, you probably learned more about the real world while acting than someone who had 12+ years of instruction in school.

You get up and out of bed, placing your covers messily over the mattress. There is no use arguing with mother, you chuckled to yourself as you made your way into your bathroom. Her word is law.

You faced yourself in the mirror. Your face glistened with perspiration, and your lips were chapped and bruised from the times you picked the skin from them. Your hair was bedraggled, and stuck up annoyingly in places. You sigh and start your bathroom routine.

Once you were done, you examined your reflection. You weren't that pretty; you can point out every single flaw on your face, like that one huge pimple or your weird ears. Your face was the kind where peoples eyes would just skip over in a crowd under normal circumstances. 

(I SWEAR I DON'T MEAN THIS TO COME ACROSS AS ME CALLING YOU OUT I'M SURE ALL OF YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL ;-; -Ra)

But these weren't normal circumstances, because you had your face plastered across multiple billboards in your town, in all of the YouTube advertisements, and even in the local Game Stop. Keeping the down low at school would be hard- unless you had mother.

"Hi! I'm Lauren Vega! I'm new at this school, but I can't wait to start learning!" You tried for a smile, but grimaced at what you saw. "It is waaay too early for this," you mumble to yourself as you left the bathroom to go change clothes.

Yeah, mother even got you an alias by the name of Lauren Vega. She got the principal and superintendent to not make a scene when you walked into school premises- AND she insisted you had to change the way you look. You will be wearing contacts so people don't see your real eye color, instead of your trademark wide-rimmed glasses. The "rest" wont be a problem since you would be wearing a mask to school. Mother also almost convinced you to dye your hair, but luckily you came to an agreement with her to only cut it.

You changed into your desired fit with 20 minutes left on the clock until the bus picked you up, so you made your way downstairs, where mother just placed down your breakfast on the counter.

"Good morning, honey," she chirped, placing a spoon into your cereal.

"Good mor'n' mom," you greeted halfheartedly as you slid into the bar stool.

She frowned. "Are you alright?" A look of guilt passed over her eyes. "Oh, maybe I shouldn't have pushed you to attending- we can rethink this if you want." She looked at you expectantly.

"No, mom," you sighed, picking at your mushy cornflakes and sinking strawberries. "I think i'm just skittish about going back to school after, what, five years?" You smiled at her weakly.

"Well," she says skeptically, "you tell me if you change you mind, okay? I thought it was best to put you back in school to take your mind off your work a-and, the o-other things." She returned your weak smile and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "But I trust that you know whats best for yourself. You just have to tell me."

"Yeah, okay mom." The other things. Two small words that could crumble the foundation of the house. You look into mother's eyes and you see the same pain that you feel in your chest that you trained to stay in the corner, unseen, but determined to be felt.

"Well!" Mother changed the subject, "eat up! I forbid you to have your first day back with an empty stomach!" 

768 words :3