𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

[you are welcome]

Nathan's POV - First Person

Today is Sunday. And I have a volleyball game today.

I had slipped on my volleyball tank top and shorts and I grab my duffel bag. I rush out the door to get on the bus.

I walk in to see my team mates, in the same uniform as I. Some whoop and some slap my back. I smile at them behind my mask and I sit at the back of the bus.

My phone buzzes twice. I pull it from my pockets and check my notifs. Tommy and Lauren had texted me.

Tommy  👹:
Good luck on the game! 😄

Lollie 🍭:
You have a volleyball game today, right?

I grin. Yesterday was emotionally draining and today would be physically exhausting, but at least I have good friends to back me up.

I tell Lauren that, yes, I do, and I thank Tommy. I get another text from him, but from his, Phil, Wilbur, Tubbo and I's group chat. They give me a pre-game peptalk- Phil highlighting the fact that I shouldn't be beating myself up if we don't win the game the whole time. 

Before I know it, the bus is at the school and I text everyone that I needed to go. 

My team mates and I enter the boy's locker room.

I go to my locker and I take out my knee and shoulder pads and my bandanna. I put them on and look at myself in the mirror. I still had my mask on- it was light gray, making my gray eyes look bluer than they are.

I look away and I slowly take off my mask. I turn back to see my reflection.

I do not like what I see.

"Hey, Nathan!" My team mate calls. "We gotta be in the hall in five minutes."

"Yeah," I say back. I look back at my distorted mirror then I slam my locker shut. "Yeah, lets go."

[writing this bit made me SO UNCOMFY. i dont know Ranboo's boundaries about his condition AND I AM IN NO WAY MAKING FUN OF IT. i try to make this story as realistic as possible, but doesnt seem right to downplay this or ignore it completely, but if anyone has a problem with this, please DM me and i will gladly take it out.]

༶ • ┈┈⛧┈ 🖤 🤍 ┈⛧┈┈ • ༶

Y/N / Lauren's POV - First Person

I enter the school from the side entrance to get to the gym. There were food stands lined up against the hallway selling snacks ranging from popcorn to hot dogs to cotton candy.

I get some sweets (preferably the cotton candy) and a big bag of popcorn. I stick all of my goodies into my arms and I open the gym door.

The stadium would have been packed pre-COVID, but there are still a lot of people here. Some are standing to the side, and the groups of people who came together are sitting in clumps, scattered along the bleachers. 

I see the opposing volleyball team on the other side of the gym getting hyped up by their fans. I frown and turn to go up the stairs to get a seat, but I bump into someone.

A few candies spill from my stash, including some M&M's. 

"Oh, I'm sorry," I say, and bend down to pick up my sweets. The other person goes to help me.

I go and grab my M&M's, but they snatched it before I could get my hands on it. I look up, but they were already walking away, opening it.

I scowl at them- him. I stomp up the stairs and sit near a group of grunge and soft people from my grade.

I can't believe a volleyball player stole my M&M's, I huff. I take an aggressive bite out of my cotton candy. 

"Hey, I don't think that cotton candy did anything to you," someone beside me said.

I turn to look at her. It was the grunge-looking girl from homeroom- Nyx. She smiled at me.

I smiled thinly back. "No, but I did just get stolen from."

The girl beside Nyx gasped. "Someone stole from you? Who?"

"A volleyball player."

They both looked furious- Nyx, and the other girl. They also seem to be in a relationship because they were holding hands. They also had such different styles from eachother. 

Nyx was wearing a black graphic shirt with an anime character on it. Chains bedecked her neck and looped around her waist, attached to her black acid-washed ripped jeans. She has short, floofy chocolate-brown hair that's long enough that it almost obscures her coffee brown eyes. She had freckles splashed across her plump pale face, a stark contrast to who I think her girlfriend is.

Her girlfriend has rich dark skin- like a dark roast coffee, and a soft rosy blush that always graced her cheeks. She has her black hair braided, and on one side it fades pastel pink and the other a lilac purple. She was wearing a glossy shirt with poofy mesh sleeves and she paired it with dangling cerulean butterfly earrings, matching her skirt and shoes.

"You two look cute," I complimented. "Almost like every other lesbian couple."

Both of them giggled.

"I'm Nyx, by the way," she told me. "This is my girlfriend Vivienne."

Vivienne waved at me. "You're Lauren, yes?"

"Mhmm," I hum through a mouthful of cotton candy.

"What did they steal? And who?"

I swallow. "He stole my M&M's," I explained. "I might just start killing."

I look down at the court at the volleyball team. I immediately spot him. He was wearing the school volleyball uniform- white, gray and a dull, rainy blue with a number five in the middle of his shirt. He was wearing a bandanna to keep his dirty blonde hair from his face. I watch as he scoops some M'n'M's from the bag and pops it in his mouth.

"There," I point at him. "The tall guy in the no 5 shirt. He stole my. . ."

I falter, because he looks at me.

And I see his stormy gray eyes.

1000 words 

>:)