𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

[𝚏𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛]

Y/N / Lauren's POV - Second Person

!!TW!! | firearms, profanity,
the first stage of grief

"Kelly, that bitch," Nyx swears once you finish telling her what happened. She stood up and reached out a hand to help you stand.

You accept it and you both stagger out of the bathroom. Dismissal from school was thirty minutes ago, so the school was deserted.

There was also a strange song playing through the speakers- like a ballroom dance.

It was taunting you, reminding you that you could be dancing to this (possibly with Nathan), but no. You were being held up by Nyx, for your body was bruised and you could barely move your limbs without groaning in pain.

You were grateful, for Nyx, though. She prevented any more harm to you from Kelly's friends.

The music fades.

Nyx half-carried you to the parking lot, where Vivienne was idling in her car.

"Nyxie, where have you- oh." She gets out of the car and helps Nyx get you into the backseat.

You drooped into the backseat, sores poking from under your skin from where those people grappled you. Nyx and Vivienne tried their best to be gentle, but you couldn't help but hiss in pain when they accidentally grazed a welting bruise.

"What happened?" Vivie whispers once they buckled their seatbelts.

"She got jumped," Nyx says quietly, glancing at you. "By Kelly's friends. I scared the shit out of them, though."

"With the bubble gun?"

"Hell yeah."

Vivienne smiles warmly at Nyx and she turns in her seat to talk to you. "Do you want to go somewhere? The police, the hospital?"

"I. . ." you start, tears welling up in your eyes from the physical strain. "I just want to go home, please."

"Okay," Vivienne nods and starts the car. "It's ok, we'll get you home."

┈⛧┈

Nyx knocks on your door while you watch from the backseat of Vivienne's car. Mother answers and you see her reaction as she looks worriedly at the car.

She rushes to the door and opens it.

"Oh. . ." she gasps, taking you in. You have no idea how terrible you look, but you lean into her embrace despite your nerves screaming at you. "My baby, lets get you inside." She looks at Nyx and Vivienne. "Come in, too, if you'd like."

Mother gently guides you inside the house and lies you down on the couch.

She tends to your sores and lays a cool towel infused with eucalyptus around your collar to help the scratch wounds.

"Let me brew some tea," Mother tells you. She sees Nyx and Viv out of the corner of her eye and she turns to them. "Would you like to help me?"

You drift off to an unsteady doze before you hear their response.

༶ • ┈┈⛧┈ 🖤 🤍 ┈⛧┈┈ • ༶