𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

𝚆𝚊𝚜 𝙸 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎/  𝚆𝚊𝚜 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎?

The teachers herded all the students to the auditorium for a first day at school orientation speech from the principal. You were sat one seat apart from the other students- an edgy looking girl on your left and a guy wearing a bomber jacket with the school logo on it to your right.

On the way inside, you got the typical new kid stares- ranging from confused stares and double-takes to friendly smiles behind masks to getting looked up and down and receiving an fboy scowl. But even now, as you were sitting down, you can see people glancing behind their hands and whispering to one another. You didn't even need experience on fame to know they were talking about you.

"Ahem, welcome, ju- excuse me," the principal started. "Excuse- order! ORDER!"

After shouting at the top of his lungs, he finally got all talking to cease so he can start his speech.

"Good morning and welcome, juniors. I am glad to see familiar and new faces- er, and a new face gathered here today. Now, we need to rehash that this school is disciplinary and will not allow. . ."

The principal's words faded to white noise as you zoned out. But you came to, much too early because the guy to your right started tapping your arm.

"Hey-hey," he whispered, tapping your arm faster. You grunted and pulled your arm away from him. He grinned. "I'm Rorey, the head jock of the football team. You're new, right? You got Insta? I can send you all the information you need there." He winked and puffed up his chest.

You are pretty sure this guy was just trying to slide into your DM's, so you try to creep him out of it. You stare at him with an uncomprehending expression for an uncomfy amount of time. You could see his expectant grin turn downwards as you looked back blankly at him.

"Uh," he looked over his shoulder to see if you were really staring at him or not. "Do you even have a-"

"Alam mo," you interrupted. "Ayaw kita- ang pangit mo kasi, e. Nakita mo ba yung muhka mo?"

[TRANSLATION FROM TAGALOG TO ENGLISH: "You know," you interrupted. "I don't like you- its cause your so ugly. Have you seen your face?"]

Rorey cursed under his breath. "I'm sorry, I didn't know you didn't speak eng-"

"Je suis désolé, partez. Je ne veux plus jamais te parler." You raised an eyebrow at him.

[TRANSLATION FROM FRENCH TO ENGLISH: "I'm sorry, go. I never want to talk to you again." You raised an eyebrow.]

"Sorry, sorry." He shifted awkwardly in his seat and tried to return his attention to whatever is happening at the podium.

"Damn right," you whisper to yourself.

You heard a snort, then a cough that seemed to be covering a laugh. You look behind your shoulder and see the gray eyed kid from the bus pressing down giggles.

He sees you looking and you grinned at him. You see the tips of his ears and a hint of his cheekbones turn a rosy color. He checks behind him to see if you were smiling at someone else, and blushed even more when you giggled at him.

Slowly, he meets your eyes and smiled back.

AAAAAAAAAAAAA 529 WORDS :'DDD