𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

[𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛]

!!CW!! | adults arguing

Time passes.

You and Nathan shouldered through two months, and it's spring-time, the season of new beginnings.

And new actor callings.

"No, sorry," you were saying to your phone. "I don't think I'm the best fit. No. . . Oh, yeah, I think so. Alright, thank you! Bye."

You press end call and lean back in your chair, massaging your temple.

"Another one begging at your feet?"

You open your eyes and see Nathan leaning against your doorframe, smiling coyly.

You scoff. "That is the fourth call this morning. Do they realize that if they start now, we are going to have to work 'till the middle of winter?"

He just shrugs. He pushes himself up from his slouch and he drags you from your chair. He pulls you close and pecks your forehead. "Why don't you take a new role? It wont do anything else but benefit you," he says.

"I- I'm not ready," you sigh. "Metropolis was the only thing I ever worked on. I'm not an experienced actress- I just got lucky and ended up with an all-star cast, excluding me"

"Well, I thought you were amazing," Nathan assures you. "I had lots of doubts when Elodie took me to the theatre, but you proved me wrong when I watched the first movie."

You tip your head and you can't help but grin. You were about to thank him, but then you heard a dry knock, knock, knock from the front door.

You let go of Nathan's embrace and exit the office to look at who was at your door. You glance through the peep hole and gasp.

You quickly unlock and open the door.

And on the other side stood someone you didn't expect to come home for a long time.

"Mom. . .?" You sputter, searching for words.

Mother looked like she had been living on the streets- her hair was oily and overgrown, ending in split ends. Her eyes were popping from her eyes, carrying dark bags under them, and she looked thinner, frighteningly frail. 

She chuckles, then pitches forward. You catch her before she hits the floor, and you and Nathan carry her to the sofa.

Tita rushes down from upstairs, then stops in her tracks once she saw mother. You look up at her, and you see that her eyes were burning with rage.

"Laurenza!" Tita hisses, disgusted. Mother stirs and sits up on the couch. She sees tita stomping towards her and mother scrunches up her face in guilt. "Do you know how scared I was when you called? No explanation, just 'Hey, I'm leaving, take care of Y/N'!"

"Taza, I-"

"Tumahimik ka!" Mother flinches. Tita huffs, looking down distastefully at her little sister. "You are becoming like Mama," she spits.

["Shut up!"]

"Maybe it's genetics," Mother mutters bitterly, avoiding everyones eye contact.

Tita rolls her eyes, frustrated, then she sits down beside her sister and checks her for wounds. "Y/N, anak, there are leftovers in the fridge; heat it up for your mama," she instructs, not taking her eyes from mother.