☾ 3

___________________

Do what you like. Love what you do
_______________

"Class 5C..." I repeated over and over in my head, not wanting to end up going into the wrong class and embarrassing myself.

I keenly looked at each sign above every classroom door whilst repeating the name of the class I was supposed to enter. When I was finally giving up all hope in finding it myself, just by coincidence I shot my head in the direction where laughter erupted from a distance away from me.

The name read, "Class 5b" and opposite it was Class 5C, my class.

I stood by the entrance of the closed door, taking in deep breaths to calm myself down before entering. Everything's going to be just fine. You'll make friends....you'll make friends. It can't be that bad, right?

I slowly slid the door open, bowing my head down as I entered the class.

"So class turn to page 236- OH! Miss Yang!" I heard the teacher exclaim, leading me towards the center of the class. I didn't want to lift my head up but I had to.

"Class, this us our new student who will be joining us from today onwards. Please be kind to her." She paused, turning to me and tapping my arm lightly. "Would you like to introduce yourself?" After hearing her say that I slowly lifted my head up, meeting the gaze of many other students who were all staring at me.

As my eyes scanned the room, I felt my heart sunk into my chest when I saw a certain someone. It was Park Sunghoon, the kid who's referred to as the Ice Prince. The kid who participated with me in both tournaments and got second. Does he recognize me?

"Hello everyone, my name is Yang Ji-eun." I said dully, retracting my vision back to the floor below me.

I heard the teacher chuckle awkwardly from beside me then cleared her throat to speak up. "There's an empty seat there." She pointed to the exact place where I was hoping she wouldn't. The person who was situated behind my seat was none other than Sunghoon. On my two sides, there where two other boys and in front of me there was a girl.

I quietly sat down, not giving Sunghoon a single glance of accepting his presence. As I settled down comfortably in my seat the kid on my left side somehow got my attention by calling my name.

"Ji-eun!" He whispered with a hint of mischievousness in his voice. "I'm Jake." He grinned, stealing a glance at the boy behind me before turning his attention back to me.

"That's Jay on your right." He added in a low whisper, trying to not alert the teacher. I just simply nodded my head with an awkward smile then turning away, looking directly in front of me for I was being watched by the kid behind me.

Why him? Why in front of him? Why this school??! What's with the coincidence!!

I held up my jaws in my hand as I kept my head up, fixing my attention to the teacher who was just about to leave.

"Free period." She hummed happily as she left the classroom, leaving us unsupervised.

Everything's going to be fine... everything's going to be just fine.

"Hey Princess." The soft whisper of a toned down voice said, hot breath fanned my ear and cheek as the electrified voice beamed through my ear.

It was him. Sunghoon. I sucked in a deep breath but didn't turn around or acknowledged the fact that he called out to me.

"How's Seoul treating you, hm? Here for the upcoming tournament?" He was actually speaking to me even though he never did during the two tournaments where we competed against each other. Why speak to me now? To aggravate me?

I turned around in my seat, facing him for the first time after getting here. Our eyes locked, both of us kept up the daunting stare but then I tore away from it, looking away in irritation. I must say...even though I should hate him he's really good looking— no Ji-eun! What are you thinking!

The way his his hair was neatly styled on top his head, the visible mole on his nose and the way his eyes which seemed empty looked at me make me quiver but not from fear. I was just observing him for the first time in a long time.

"First of all, don't get too cocky. Secondly, we aren't friends so don't speak to me so casually, but yes, of course I'm here to win the tournament." I breathed out as I tried containing myself from overstepping my line. I didn't want to anger him nor cause trouble as soon as I came here but for me, I already knew things weren't going to go as planned because Sunghoon was here now.

From behind me I heard a low chuckle. His confidence is way too high. I would've never guessed he would be something like this.

_____________