☾ 28

___________
It's okay to shed the tears
But don't you tear yourself
_________________

Sunghoon's eyes were fixed on Ji-eun with his lips slightly parted as he was stuck, trying to process what the girl just said. Of course, he knew this was coming but still, her confession made his heart flutter. His cheeks were tainted in hues of red and his eyes brightly lit up as he took in the girl's presence.

Ji-eun had a hand placed over her heart, trying to calm herself down after mustering up the courage to say all of that. With her eyes on Sunghoon, the girl was pulled into a tight yet warm hug which was so loving and comfortable she just wanted to stay like that forever. The boy's hand was snaked around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"I love you too..." Sunghoon finally muttered after pulling away from the hug, his hands were now cupped on Ji-eun's cheek as he tilted her head up so that she could look him directly in the eye. All his worries went away and a feeling he couldn't quite describe grew in him as the girl's lips parted in a broad smile. So goddamn cute—he thought to himself, adoring every little gesture the girl did.

-

The two had made their way off of the rink, fingers intertwined as they sat down together on a bench somewhere in the stands.

"The competition is in 18 days...we don't have much time. I'm gonna be busy with practice...." Ji-eun started off, bowing her head down as she felt bad for how things would be until their competition was over but, what would happen after the competition? Would the girl go back to Icheon where she used to live? Or stay here with her grandparents and attend her new school and live her new life?

"We probably won't be able to spend that much time together though we literally just started dating. Both of us won't have much time leading up to the competition....", Ji-eun continued, raking her fingers through her hair to move it away from her face.

"And what if your dad..", she hesitated, stealing a glance at the boy before quickly turning away. " What if he doesn't approve? What if he actually sends you to the States?? I can't let that happen but I also don't want to be a distraction for you.."

Sunghoon sucked in a deep breath, slowly but satisfyingly rubbing his thumb over the back of Ji-eun's hand as their hands were still intertwined.

"You're not a distraction and I'm gonna make sure he doesn't ship me off far away. I can't handle being away from you." Sunghoon pouted cutely, giving Ji-eun a light peck on the cheek. Even the smallest of things they did to each other made the other's heart flutter and waver.

"The competition is the least of my worries right now but you're right, we have to focus on training but I won't allow that to stop us from dating." The confident boy continued strongly, reassuring the saddened girl.

Ji-eun slowly hoisted her head up to look at Sunghoon, a charming smile was set atop his lips as he peacefully gazed at the astoundingly beautiful girl who made his heart race whenever he saw her.

"Really? But how...?" She asked cluelessness, tilting her head sideways as she eyed him in confusion.

"We'll find a way princess~", Sunghoon brought himself closer to the girl, allowing her to lean her head on his shoulder as they both leaned on each other while looking out at the rink.

Immersed in the comfortable silence with her head on Sunghoon's shoulder and hands interlocked with his, the girl couldn't be in a better place at the moment. It was like she was in a dream where she was frozen, stuck in a dark emotionless pit all alone until a blinding light came by that radiated so much heat, it melted her, allowing her to thaw and reveal what was trapped deep down on the inside.

Sunghoon was her light, warmth and hope, and so was she to him. She helped him, listened to him and loved him. He listened to her, helped her and loved her. Now, here they were, together, happier than ever before.

"In 18 days...we'll be here together but we'll be opposing each other. Don't feel bad if I steal first place, okay?" Ji-eun joked though she started off on a serious note. Yes indeed they were going to be opposing each other but there was nothing they could do. All that was left was putting in their hard work through training to achieve their goal. Winning or not, nothing would change their young undying love for each other.

Nothing.

-

After Sunghoon had walked Ji-eun home he quickly took a bus to get back to his home where his father was. Mr. Park was very furious over the fact that Sunghoon was out late and for hanging out with Ji-eun but to Sunghoon's surprise he didn't yell at the boy.

Sunghoon passed his father who was sitting in his designated chair in the living room, gently rocking in the chair with a glass in his hand that contained a brown yet yellowish like color of liquor. The boy stopped in his tracks when his father called his name.

"P-park Sunghoooon", the man dragged out Sunghoon's name in a loud stutter.

"Y-you better get first or e-else...."

The tired boy didn't wait for his father to continue. He just left the drunk man in the chair and made his way up to his room, still not over the recent events of spending time with Ji-eun, his girlfriend.

Falling onto his bed, the boy was so lovestruck that all he could think about was Ji-eun. He already missed her so much even though he literally saw her earlier the night. Is this what actually being in love feels like? Ahh, I don't feel like I'm on restraints nor do I feel any way indebted to her......I feel truly loved!

__________