☾ 25

__________________

If you can't fly, then run. Today we will survive
_____________

With her hands securely hooked around Sunghoon, Ji-eun happily dragged him with her as they both walked away from Mr. Park's house. The girl had no common destination in mind and just walked as far away from his house as she possibly could.

After finally finding a cute bench under a cherry blossom tree, the girl placed her backpack down, making Sunghoon sit next to her as she did so. The boy obediently complied with her unspoken order, and quietly sat down beside the girl.

"You won't." The boy finally said, a comforting smile appeared on his lips as he locked eyes with Ji-eun.

"What?" She muttered in confusion, drawing in deep breaths to calm herself because of all the walking they did.

"You won't lose me.." Sunghoon breathed out, clasping his hands together with Ji-eun, softly gazing directly into her eyes which were locked with his.

A calm, serene yet overwhelming moment that was filled with emotions blissfully blanketed the atmosphere around them. Ji-eun could feel her heart palpitating in her chest as Sunghoon's intimidating gaze pierced into her, making her flustered.

The boy's cheeks were undeniably tainted red as he gently held the girl's hand in his. His heart was fluttering and his brain was going crazy, malfunctioning over how close he was with Ji-eun.

Immersed in the quiet yet heartfelt moment, Sunghoon's head was slanted as he slowly brought his lips closer to Ji-eun's but the girl didn't lean in. Judging by the girl's reaction, Sunghoon pulled away, rubbing the back of his neck due to feeling a bit guilty.

He hadn't seen Ji-eun for an entire week and it did indeed drive him crazy, and even though he wanted to kiss her so badly, he couldn't. He wanted to make sure she was also alright with his actions so he didn't force himself onto her.

"Sorry..about that-" Ji-eun mumbled out, dropping her head down feeling a bit embarrassed due to her frozen reaction when Sunghoon was leaning in to kiss her.

"Don't be. If one of us should be sorry right now it would be me." The boy started off calmly, dropping his hands in his lap as he looked straight ahead of him.

"After I came back that night from the rink...I was too scared to go back home so I stayed by Taehyun for the rest of the day. When my father found out, he was pretty furious. Of course, I couldn't stay by Taehyun for too long so I had to go back home and that's when he decided to 'ground' me. The usual you know.."

Sunghoon's tone gradually grew lower by the minute.

"He didn't let me leave the house nor did he want me to go to school. He said I was being punished. I couldn't really call you because the man took my phone-" he chuckled dryly, raking his hair back with his fingers.

"Every night I did go out to the rink, without his permission but that was way too late. I had hopes that I would meet you but it never happened. Whenever I went I'd see you leave the same exact time. I thought maybe you needed the space and so did I..."

Sunghoon was fiddling with his fingers as he explained the situation he was in to Ji-eun who was attentively listening. Before, she was left in a bit of a hazy sadness but with the boy now by her side, the sadness was no more. She was elated that she could be with him, sit next to him and talk to him.