☾ 18

__________
Love.....is strange
______________

"So guys." Ji-eun breathed out nervously, running a hand through her hair, moving the stray strands away from her eyes. She eyed the seven kids sitting around in a circle, ready to finally give an official introduction.

"This is Chaerin", she pointed at the tall girl with raven hair and thin lensed glasses who smiled shyly at the rest of them. "And that is Ryuza." She pointed at a shorter girl with dark brown hair that stopped by her shoulders, eyes so void-like and dark, it was hard to tell if she had pupils.

"And that's, Sunghoon, Sana, Jay, Sunoo and Jake..." Ji-eun respectively pointed at each of them individually. They all exchanged shy smiles at the two before comfortably chatting with each other.

"So...Park Sunghoon." Chae started off, averting her attention from Sana who was squealing while talking to her.

"This is the time first I'm seeing him up front." Ryuza said, shaking her head with a smile tugging at her lips, intentionally looking at both Ji-eun and Chae.

"He's much....cuter than expected." Chae whispered into Ryuza's ear but their best friend behind them heard it all and lightly smacked Chae on her shoulder. "Guys he's literally right in front of you!" Ji-eun exclaimed in a low whisper, yanking them back by the collar into her hold.

She simply flashed him an awkward smile before glaring at both Chae and Ryuza who still had their eyes glued on him.

"Yah, don't do anything stupid!" She scolded them, giving them threatening looks.

"Oh come on Ji, can't you see the way he's looking at you right now??!" Chae exclaimed dramatically, caging her confused best friend in between her shoulders while gently rocking her.

"Hell yeah. He's giving her that look." Ryuza added and they both exchanged knowing glances with each other.

"That's exactly what I was saying!" Sana suddenly butted in, making the three girls jolt from surprise. "See, even Sana agrees!" Ji-eun's two best friends now formed a tiny circle with Sana, ranting about Sunghoon.

Ji-eun looked away from the three girls for a moment, glancing at the four boys who were laughing at something. Her eyes darted at Sunghoon for a moment, taking in his appearance, but suddenly felt herself get red from embarrassment due to Sunghoon catching her staring.

A smile was forming on the corners of his lips as he watched her quickly look away. Before, Sunghoon only saw Ji-eun as someone who he was intrigued by due to her abundant skills in figure skating and yes, he simply wanted to be 'friends' with her but things suddenly took a turn in a direction that he hadn't planned it to go.

After his few encounters with her at school and the ice rink, he felt himself wanting to know more about her, he also wanted to hang around her more. He liked teasing her, calling her cute nicknames but that was just for the fun of it....or well that's what he thought. Now, simply making eye contact with her made his heart flutter and he didn't quite know why. He found it very hard to hide how much he adored her but never fully contemplated what those feelings were that was bottled up inside of him. He was afraid, stricken with the memories of Heeseol. What if he'd end up getting hurt like before? What if he wasn't meant to be loved?

Never once had he doubted how kind, caring and loving she was. Never once had he hatred towards her. So what exactly did he feel for her? Why was he feeling this way while he was around her?

"Dude?" Jake clicked his fingers in front of Sunghoon's face, snapping the lost boy back to reality.

"What's with that look?" Jay asked, scanning Sunghoon's calm face that was still possibly staring at Ji-eun even though she had looked away.