☾ 12

____________
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye
_____________

(Trigger warning: this chapter contains trauma from being sexually abused. I'm just informing you in advance :/ )

I dragged the four unprepared students who I were friends with along with me for a study group, covering up the fact that I was too scared to be alone with Sunghoon judging by all the embarrassing stuff that happened in the past week.

"Why are we here again?" Sunoo asked, swirling his drink around with his straw while he linked his other free hand with Sana, looking over his shoulder to me.

I sighed for the 100th time, raking my hair back with my hand. "Because you guys really want help with your finals at the end of this term so that's why a study group is necessary." I said through gritted teeth, smiling to hide my irritation.

The six of us were sitting in a cute cafe that wasn't far from school doing actual school work. Unfortunately, Sunghoon was situated right next to me, flipping through pages as his attention was fixed on his book.

I was patiently waiting on him to get started, my hand holding up my face, fiddling with my chimmy keyring while gazing out through the glass windows at the cherry blossom tree over the street. It was so pretty I had to make a mental note to remind me to take pictures with Sana there.

Sunghoon's pov.

I glanced up at her, my fingers still lightly brushing against the thin pages of my history book, trying so hard to find where she'd have to start to catch up.

Fortunately for me, stealing that single glance at her made me freeze, time had slowed down as I watched the girl beside me, her hazel eyes up front looking at the cherry blossom tree with a smile that ghosted at her lips. Her hair waving slightly as a gentle touch of wind blew by. The way her cheeks were adorned with tiny dimples as she smiled, something about all of her underlying features made a warmth erupt inside of me.

I placed a hand over my chest, furrowing my brows at the sensation that flowed through me. What's this feeling? Why do I feel like this?

I clumped up the material of my shirt as my hand gripped onto my chest lightly, softly gazing at her figure that was distracted by looking at a tree.

My eyes quickly shot downwards, back at the book when I saw her glance at me, pretending like I was still immersed in finding the right topic.

"Here it is." I said in a low whisper, making her shift to look at me now.

"Finally." She heaved out, throwing her arms in the air dramatically. Ji-eun scooted a bit closer to me, sliding her book under her hand, a pen intertwined in her fingers, rhythmically tapping on her book lightly as she peered over my arm to look into my book.

Her hair naturally fell over her shoulders, stray baby strands poking out from everywhere, glowing in a golden brown as the gleaming sunlight radiated on it.

The unusual feeling had taken over me again, warmth radiating in my chest and cheeks as I admired her.

"From here?" Her delicate voice mumbled through the elevating silence, snapping me back to reality.

"Yeah." I nodded, pointing at a specific topic on the page and watched as her eyes squinted and brows were furrowed when she observed my handwriting.

"Sheesh, you write even better than me." She chuckled softly, flipping her hands through the pages with care.

"I can't finish all of these notes so soon. This is like 3 weeks worth of notes. I can't do that! I have skating lessons." She huffed out, crossing her hands over her chest.