☾ 10

__________
I wasn't born with anything, my weapon is hard work and determination
___________

Ji-eun's pov

"Wait what??!" -Sana

"I'm sorry but can you repeat that for me?"  -Sana

Sana said in disbelief, her jaw hanging low as she looked at me with wide eyes.

"I accidentally broke my skates?" I answered, unsure if that was what she wanted me to repeat. I had a finger poking my cheek as I sat down in the library with her.

"No no before that! You said HE WRAPPED HIS ARMS AROUND YOU??!" Her tone gradually got higher as she relayed what I told her. She grabbed me by my shoulders, lightly shaking me as she stared at me with a devious smile on her face.

"What? Are you just going to ignore the fact that I told you my poor skates broke?" I asked, bowing my head with a fake pout.

"Girl- you basically just had your own K-drama moment and that's what you're worried about?!" She said in a squeak, smacking her cheeks to compose herself.

"Hey, we're in the library, be quiet. What if they kick us out because your dumbass is overreacting!" I whisper-yelled at her, covering her mouth.

When she finally calmed down, I moved my hand away, thinking it was all over but she suddenly did a lower scream. "I'm overreacting?? You're the one UNDER REACTING!" She grumbled, shaking me a bit more as she clamped down on my shoulders once again. I shook her hands off my shoulders, getting up from the bench, looking around me suspiciously just in case anyone heard.

"Come on, let's go." I ordered, pulling her up along with me. "Go where? Class doesn't start until 2." She answered, dragging her feet as she followed behind me. "The cafeteria of course. I'm hungry."

When I looked back at her a smile was now draped across her lips. We both loved food so denying my request wasn't an option for her.

The cafeteria was filled with whispering and loud talking added to the stifling atmosphere clouded around us. Though lunch was over, many students were still lingering here and there, gossiping about the usual stuff. I turned my attention to Sana, asking her what she wanted while keeping my pace up in the line.

"Hmmm, I'll just take the strawberry milk." She pointed over a girl's head at the vending machine. I simply nodded then turned around, stepping up in line.

"Yeah, I heard he's really freaking hot!"

"Me too! I heard he's really popular with the girls."

"I can't wait for him to join us, oh my godd!"

I perched up, undeniably listening in on what they were talking about. I pulled Sana closer to me, inviting her to listen to what tea they were spilling. She turned her head, facing me with wide eyes. "New student?" She mouthed and I nodded my head, peeling my ears trying to drown out the other noises while I tried keeping up with their conversation.

New student? In the middle of the term, like me? That's odd.

Sana nudged me on the shoulder, gesturing to the girls in front of us. I aggressively shook my head, motioning her to not do what I think she was going to do. She just shrugged it off and slid her way up at the girls.

"Hey ladies. What's the latest? Hmm?" She proudly asked, linking her arms with the two girls who were now in shock. I shook my head, sighing at how she was so open and extroverted to the point where she didn't care if she was over talking.