☾ 6

___________
I want to show my true self, not how I want to be seen by others.
______________

I had my head hung low as I walked in the hallways of the school, making my way towards my now designated locker. I was trying so hard to keep myself from being seen by Sunghoon to the point where I had my hoodie over my head, covering the upper half of my face.

I quickly opened my locker, taking out the necessary books I had to use today and slammed it shut but flinched when I saw Jake staring at me after I closed the locker.

"Hey skater girl." Jake called out to me teasingly in a mischievous tone. I held my books in my hand, clenching it towards my chest as I looked at him dully.

"What's the matter?" I asked as I pushed my way past the crowd of students who were blocking the pathway in the corridor with him following behind me.

"Nothing..." He said dauntingly, hinting that something was definitely up. I looked at him with a raised brow, trying to read the expression on his face but failed to do so. He followed me straight into class, leaving me standing at the entrance with a chuckle before walking in, grinning at Jay who was already looking this way.

When I stepped foot into the classroom I noticed a pastel lilac bag sitting on my desk. I knew that backpack. It was the one I use to put my skates in. The one I left by the ice rink. Why is it here? No...don't tell me-

I removed my gaze from the bag, looking back at Sunghoon who was sitting back in his seat with his hands crossed behind his head, looking at me with a smirk hinting at his lips.

I bowed my head down, fixing my eyes to the floor as I made my way towards my seat. Is he still not over me accidentally calling him Prince? Please don't tell anyone else..please...!

I quietly sat down, moving the backpack away from the top of my desk and shoving it into my school backpack which surprising happened to fit in.

"Sana...why do I have an ominous feeling that someone is staring at me..." I said in a low whisper as I drew myself closer to her who was breaking her back out to turn around to look at me in a non-suspicious way. When our faces were aligned she slowly tilted her head to the side, looking over my shoulder behind me then quickly bringing her eyes to lock with mine once again.

"Yep. He's not only staring but he has this grin on his face. It looks like the grin of accomplishment." She said slowly as she inspected his actions. "I can't tell if it's a good thing or bad thing though.." she continued in a slightly confused tone.

Why is he acting so...weird towards me? Aren't we rivals? Shouldn't he hate me or at least dislike me? He's acting like we're friends or something.

I returned a forced smile at Sana, immersed in a gloomy mood as I fell back in my seat. Everything's cool. We're cool.

"So Princess, aren't you going to at least thank me?" Sunghoon's voice cracked through the silence as his breath ghosted my skin behind my ear and neck, making me shiver from how close he was to me. I slightly turned my face, feeling the soft touch of his cheeks brush against mine. My eyes widened when I realized our lips were inches away from touching. We both instinctively pulled back due to shock, covering our faces and turning away, evading eye contact with each other.

"S-sorry..!" I mumbled quickly as I tried catching my breath. My heart was basically pounding out of my chest while I tried calming myself down. My cheeks were heating up as my hand hovered over my mouth.

Sana was looking at me wide eyed and Jay was grinning at Sunghoon while Jake was dumbstruck. Just as all of that played out, our History teacher entered the class, breaking the underlying tension between us, grabbing our attention upfront.

✦ ✦ ✦

"Miss Yang?" Before the teacher left she called out my name. "Yes Miss?" My tone was laced with nervousness and shyness as I walked up to her. She led me outside of the classroom with a serious look on her face.

"You joined in the middle of the term so I suggest you find someone to help you retrieve all the work you missed. I can't have you slacking off in class so I'm setting you up with someone to work with." She said in a sigh, rubbing her temples as she explained it all to me.

"I already have someone in mind as well. He's very smart so it'll work out just fine." She reopened the door of our classroom, peering in before calling out a name.

"Mr. Park, would you please come."

Just by hearing the name I already knew I was doomed. First, I'm in the same class as him, second, we both are in the same figure skating competition and now he's basically going to be my tutor? There's too much of him in my life right now!

"Miss can't you find someone else who can help me?" I tried persuading her but she didn't once listen.

"Why would you want someone else? I'm the perfect choice." Sunghoon popped out from behind the door, butting into the conversation with a cheeky grin.

"Yes, in fact he's the one who recommended this for you. Isn't he kind?" She said as she smiled at Sunghoon.

"Yes, he's so kind." I stilted myself to say through gritted teeth also forcing a smile on my face as I looked at both of them.

"Now, it doesn't matter how you do it, just please help her catch up on her work." Said the teacher, patting him on the back before leaving us there, alone.

I cleared my throat, fixing my gaze at my shoes as I stood next to him.

"So...", I breathed out, fiddling with my fingers trying so hard to not make it more awkward than it already was between us.

"Thanks." I squeaked out in a hushed manner, hoping that he didn't hear it but he somehow did.

"Can you say that again for me Princess?" He said tauntingly, a smirk had already overtook his tinted pink lips.

"I told you not to call me that.." I complained, rolling my eyes at him as I ran my fingers through my hair, moving the stray strands away from my face.

Through my bangs I watched as the expression on his face softened with a cute smile tugging at his lips. His smooth milk skin glowed as he stood there with his hands stuffed in his pockets. The ends of his hair gently swayed as a faint breeze blew by. His eyes were looking directly at me through my bangs that shielded him from fully seeing me stare back at him. In that moment, he looked so handsome that I was left staring at him deeply into his eyes, those eyes were the only thing out of place with him. They were always empty, seemingly as though they were searching for a spark, something to electrify it, to give it life.

With the tranquility of the atmosphere and the soft mood, I felt a tingle in my hand. Right there and then I wanted so dearly to raise my hands up to his cheeks to gently cup them and to comfort him. But why? On the outside he seemed so composed and happy but I'm sure he wasn't. Just by looking at his eyes I could tell. Not everything was as it seemed and that was the exact problem with him.

Why was I getting sentimental over this boy?

___________

A/n
Hello loves. How's the story so far? I hope it's alright and not boring. Anyway, I hope you're all safe!