☾ 29

_____________
You need to have some fat to be pretty
(F the beauty standards man, be your own beauty standard. Don't compare yourself to others <3)
______________

The days following up to the competition were drawing near with only 17 days left. It was exactly the day after Sunghoon and Ji-eun officially started dating and they were yet to casually break the news to their close friends. Ji-eun for one, already told her two best friends back in Icheon about what went down at the ice rink when she had gotten home. All of them were squealing from excitement over the phone and just by the sound of their voices you could tell they were so happy for her.

After allowing the girl to settle back in when she reached home, both Jungwon and her father continuously teased Ji-eun about her newly formed relationship with Sunghoon. Her grandparents had insisted that she bring him over for dinner once in a while so they could meet him and that made the girl all giddy and happy. Later that night she decided not to tell Sana but instead to wait until they could meet at school face to face to talk to her.

The girl was filled with excitement as she exited her father's car and enter the schoolyard, waving goodbye to her father before following alongside her brother as they made their way into the school.

"So...wonnie~", Ji-eun started, poking the boy's shoulder mischievously. He turned to her, already in a dazed expression. "I overheard you talking to Chae last night....did you confess yet?" The boy's sister giggled teasingly, watching his expression change from seriousness to shyness. He scrunched his nose, burying his face in his palms, avoiding eye contact with his sister.

"I'll confess when she comes to watch your competition." The embarrassed boy said in a low tone sounding a bit muffled and Ji-eun took that opportunity to tease him a bit more.

"Whennnn? I can't hear you~?"

"Yah, stop teasing me! I'll confess when she comes to cheer you on for your competition! And don't you worry, I'll treat her right!" The boy exclaimed with an outburst of confidence before parting ways with his sister to head to his separate class, leaving Ji-eun laughing at how he sounded.

The girl went back to minding her own business as she casually strolled to her class, with her hands in her pockets as she quietly hummed along to the song that played in her ears through her headphones.

"Boy I, boy I, boy I know, I know I got the feels, boy I, boy I, boy I know, I know you feel it too!"

The girl was unbothered, humming along to twice as she walked down the hallway, jamming to The Feels because she was definitely in the mood but one thing she hadn't noticed was the boy walking up behind her.

Grabbing the strap of her backpack, the boy swung her around, pulling her towards him whilst holding onto her backpack strap. She was now facing him, her face literally inches away from his as her eyes glazed over his face that had a smirk etched on his lips. His face was way too close to hers and she was totally unprepared for their interaction to start like this.

"S-Sunghoon..", she muttered, placing a hand over her rapidly beating heart. Her cheeks were heating up as her eyes trailed down to his lips. Sunghoon noticed it and purposely stuck his tongue out, sliding it over his lips to tease the girl.

"Perfect song choice, don't you think, princess?" Sunghoon stated in a breathy tone, his hot breath ghosting her neck, sending shivers down her spine.

God he's breathtakingly handsome— Ji-eun couldn't stop herself from mentally complimenting her boyfriend.

"You're too close-" Ji-eun placed her hands on Sunghoon's chest, pushing him away from her to create distance. He knew exactly what he was doing and his mission was successful. Letting out a low chuckle, Sunghoon slinked his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him as he dragged her along to class. His actions caused whispers to erupt around them as they walked in the halls but Sunghoon couldn't care less, after all, he was with his girlfriend right now.