☾ 4

________________

Whatever, big or small, you are you after all
______________

"Hey.." a hushed voice called out from in front of me making my head shoot up to the direction of the sound. A pale skinned girl with glossy lips and rosy cheeks stared back at me with a smile hinting at her lips. She was pretty, very pretty. Her eyes glimmered as the light rays of sun filtered through the windows, reflecting on her smooth skin. Her light brown hair lusciously swayed as a slight breeze blew by, making her hair fizzy. Is she an angel?

I snapped out of my trance when she decided to speak up. "My name's Oh Sana but you can just call me Sana." She said with a lovely smile, outstretching her hand for me to shake it. I gladly did, feeling the warmth from her hands as it engrossed mine. Her hands were soft and so was the expression on her face.

"I'm Ji-eun but I'm sure you already knew that." I said in a soft chuckle, smiling back at her warmly. After our hands were not latched together anymore she turned around properly in her seat to face me. She glanced over behind me then looked back at me.

"What brings you here?" She asked in a friendly manner, the sound of her voice melted in my ears. I looked down at my feet, picturing myself wearing my ice skates. A smile tugged at my lips as I thought about the ice, and the feeling I get when I skate.

"I'm a figure skater and I have a competition that's in Seoul. That's really why I'm here." I said truthfully, looking back at her as the expression on her face changed.

On my right I heard someone gasp, realizing it was Jay, the one who Jake told me about. "You're a figure skater?" He brought his ears closer to us, sort of asking a question but also stating it in disbelief. I simply nodded in return. I didn't want too many people to know but Jay just happened to hear on accident but what bad can happen by him just hearing?

After turning my attention back to Sana I happened to hear Jay whispering over me, seemingly talking to the person on my left, who was Jake. "Dude! She's probably the girl Sunghoon was talking about! Don't you think?! They have the same name and they also are figure skaters!" Jay said in a low whisper yell but I heard everything. I turned my head to the left, looking at Jake who was staring at Jay with wide eyes.

"You know I can literally hear you...right?" I said, shaking my head as I glanced at both of them but after hearing what Jay said I had to take a moment. Sunghoon was talking about me? In a good way err....no Eun! Don't even question it.

"So you're the girl Sunghoon keeps ranting to us about. Oh, you sure are special." Jake said in a mischievous chuckle, making me look at him with a raised brow. Special? Why is he talking about me?

My focus was jumping from Jay to Jake, back and forth as they kept talking about things I couldn't exactly understand yet. "Look." Sana said in a low whisper, motioning to behind me. I bit my lip, slowly turning around to look behind me not expecting to see Sunghoon staring at me with a visible tiny grin on his face. I quickly turned my head back around, acting like our eyes totally didn't just lock for about a few seconds before I broke the gaze. For some odd reason my heart was beating rapidly in my chest as I sucked in deep breaths. His eyes were piercing into mine as I recalled him staring at me with his back braced against the chair. Not only did they look lifeless but it looked somewhat lonely. Why am I over reading the situation?

"Is h-he still staring?" I brought my lips closer to her ear, asking her in anticipation. My heart wasn't calming down anytime soon. She nodded making my entire body tense up. The thought of him looking at me even if it was from behind made me quiver.

-

"So you've competed with him twice already?" Sana stated as she took a tiny bite from her sandwich. We were out for lunch and Sana was nice enough to ask me to accompany her to eat lunch together.

"I've never gotten the chance to ever speak with him though so now's a first for me." I replied, chugging down the last drops of juice that was left in the juice box.

"Anyways, we've talked a lot about me. What about you?" I asked, scooting closer to her because I was actually interested in hear what she was going to share. She dropped her head down, sighing. "Honestly, there's nothing much to talk about. I do attend dance lessons and..." she paused, a smile beaming on her face. "Well I have a boyfriend. His name's Sunoo and he also goes to dancing lessons."

"If he wasn't in the picture I'd be the one wanting to take you out." I joked, both of us began laughing at my remark. "I have a brother also. He's back in Japan with my parents so I'm currently staying with my aunt." The smile on her face faded into sadness.

"Anyways- do you have siblings?" She quickly changed the topic but I didn't pry further. If she wasn't comfortable sharing it with me then I should respect that.

"Speaking of siblings." My eyes were fixed on the boy walking towards me with a tray of food in his hands, gripping it tightly as he watched me. A smile formed on his lips as he approached me, walking past Sana who was sitting opposite me, taking a seat next to me.

"This is my brother, Jungwon." I introduced both of them to each other.

-

After lunch was over, Jungwon left to go back to his classroom and I was standing by an open window in the corridor that overlooked the view of the school's yard space.

"Pretty big isn't it?"

"Yeah. The field is so big but all I'm seeing is an ice rink-" I casually turned to my side thinking it was Sana who was standing and speaking next to me all along but it was Sunghoon. My eyes widened and I stepped back, looking away from him in embarrassment.

"All I can see is an ice rink, and those students who're running around are figure skaters, learning how to skate, picking themselves up even after falling over countless times, still standing tall." He continued my sentence for me, stating exactly what I was thinking also.

"Yeah. That's exactly it." I replied, keeping my focus on the students outside rather than looking at him. The way he spoke just now was filled with passion and also realness due to the fact that we both know we successfully picked ourselves up even after falling down way too many times.

"Hey, I'm back!" Sana exclaimed, making me snap my head back to look at her. Sunghoon on the other hand had already disappeared without me noticing.

Just then, the bell rang, resuming classes once more.

_______________