☾ 16

_____________
Just live how you want, your life is yours. Don't try so hard, it's alright to lose
______________

Days left until competition: 55

"That's all for today's lesson. Please do the exercise on page 127 for our next class." The teacher left for lunch when the bell called.

I sighed, falling back into my chair, looking up at the ceiling.

"What's on your mind Princess?" Sunghoon leaned forward, whispering in my ear, making me falter a bit.

"You."

I bit my lip, shutting my eyes tightly due to my response. He was indeed on my mind. He looked somewhat sad today and I couldn't help but wonder what was bothering him.

"Oh really? Why are you thinking about me?" He raised his voice a bit, drawing further away from me. His tone was now much more serious than before.

"I don't know...you seem sad." I breathed out in a shaky voice, using the sleeves of my sweater to cover my face, still looking up at the ceiling.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked, but only got silence in response. I raised up, now sitting properly in my seat, slightly turning my body to look at him with a raised brow.

I stared at him for a bit, examining his face closely, his eyes tracing over mine as he watched in confusion. His cheek was bleeding.

"What?" He asked, resting his head in his hands which were held up by his elbow resting on the desk. He gazed at me softly, running his eyes over my figure before looking away.

"You're hurt." I mumbled, pointing at his right cheek. He slightly pulled his head back when I brought my head closer to thoroughly look at the tiny scrape on his cheek.

"You shouldn't leave it like that-"

"It's fine."

"No let me hel-"

"No it's fine-"

"Yah! Can't you just let me help you?!" I accidentally said out of frustration, raising my voice at him. Some other students who were still in the class glanced at us, whispering who know what before adverting their attention elsewhere.

I took out a plaster, removing the covering from it and positioning it over the cut on his right cheek, leaning forward to see properly.

He was looking away, eyes trailing everywhere but here at me.

"Wait...no is that a hello kitty plaster??" He asked, furrowing his brows as he looked at the lilac coloured plaster.

"You are correct." I said with a chuckle, pasting it on his cheek directly over the cut.

"Done." I backed away, a smile tugging at my lips as I tried not to snicker.

"Don't even think about laughing." He glared at me, the cute plaster on his face making him look not so angry.

"It's so cute." I giggled, placing another one on his desk. "Make sure to remove that and replace it when the day's over, okay?" I said sternly, almost sounding like I was a mom having to keep my kids in check.

"Yeah whatever." He playfully rolled his eyes, taking the plaster from off his desk and putting it in his upper pocket.

"Since when were y'all this...close?" Jay's voice suddenly groaned out, making Sunghoon and I look up at him but seeing Jake, Jay and Sana standing there instead. Sunoo was behind Sana but wasn't paying attention to us.

"Huh?" I glanced at Sana then looked at Sunghoon.

"Well would you rather us stay rivals then?" Sunghoon shot back, crossing his arms over his chest.

"N-no.."

"You should learn when to talk and when not to talk." Jake scolded Jay, hitting behind the nape of his neck.

"Come on guys let's go to the cafeteria." Sunoo suddenly said, a hand over his growling stomach as he leaned on Sana who wasn't even bothered by him and was just staring at me with a lazy grin tugging at her lips.

"What?" I mouthed, furrowing my brows at her but she shook her head and smiled.

Jake also was grinning, a look of accomplishment plastered on his face. I mean Jake wasn't wrong, Sunghoon really is a kind, soft boy on the inside and there was more to him. I also saw a lost, scared boy inside of him, curled up, crying, and ever fibre in my body wanted to help him..if only he'd let me. If only he'd open up to me, like how I did to him.

-

4 days later

Chaerin: "HEY! EUNNIE- DID YOU SEE THE NEWS???!? OH MY GOD!!"

Chaerin's voice yelled through the phone, suddenly making my heart jump out of my body.

Me: "what?? What're you talking about??"

I asked, putting the phone's volume higher as I listened to Chae.

Ryuza: THE COACH- YOUR COACH- YOU KNOW THAT WEIRD DUDE- HE'S A REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER- HE GOT ARRESTED!!"

Ryuza continued, butting into our conversation. My jaw dropped as I registered what she said. Arrested? He finally got arrested?

Me: he got...arrested? Like—
Both of them: YES! He- it's on the news! Check it out!
Me: okay I'll call you guys later.

I hung up, turning on the television in our living room, switching to the exact channel they told me it was on.

Headlines: Professional Figure Skating Coach, Min Jeongi was arrested earlier today after several reports of female students who attended his skating lessons along with a solid report of two parents by the name of Yang Hyo-jong and Yang Hyun-ah finally spoke up about the reoccurring incident. Due to the two parents shedding light on the topic, other female students who had experienced sexual harassment were finally given the courage to step out and speak their stories.

Jungwon and my grandparents were in the living room with me as we all stared at the screen in shock.

"Hyo-jong and Hyun-ah? Isn't t-that m-mom and dad?" Jungwon spoke up first, stuttering in disbelief. It's true, that was our mom and dad.

"They left Seoul for this? How did they manage to gather so much evidence to get him arrested that quickly?!" Jungwon still shocked and in disbelief, questioned with his mouth agape.

"They're still like how they were when they were younger.." Our grandma said to our grandpa, clasping her hands in his with a smile.

"They always liked correcting the wrong and helping people whenever they can." He smiled back at her, leaning her head on his shoulder as they took in each other's presence.

Ugh, to still be in love even in your 70s sure seems pretty nice. You just have to find the right person.

"So, does that mean they're coming home soon?" Jungwon asked, sitting up on the sofa with his eyes trailing at me.

"I hope. Maybe they'll call." I shrugged, still in shock over the fact that he finally got arrested and it was mostly thanks to my parents..

__________________

A/n
Sorry about the short chapter but oooooouuuu I still need to shed light on this 'Heeseol' person. 😏

Well I hope you're all safe and healthy!! Thanks for reading! <3