☾ 13

(DAMN THAT PIC- JEEZ HE'S LIKE PERFECT.)

___________

If I do not fit into societal beauty standards, I will make one of my own
____________

That afternoon when my dad picked me up from the park where I was with Sunghoon, who I hid so he wouldn't see him, was a quiet and uneventful ride home. I had my hands covering my eyes, hiding the puffiness and redness of it, making up excuses like 'the afternoon sun was too bright' so that my dad wouldn't get suspicious.

Yes, I was going to do what Sunghoon made me promise him. I had to, keeping this a secret from them would weigh me down in life and I couldn't possibly live like that. Many questions ran through my mind, thinking about the incident that was now dawned on me. How do I tell them? Will they believe me? How will they react? What if Sunghoon tells someone....what if he doesn't look at me the same way?? What if he makes fun of me for it? What if his kindness and understanding was all just an act?

Oh god, just this once please let me be right. Please let Sunghoon be the understanding, kind and caring boy who I was with only a while ago that held me in a tight hug, comforting me when I was really at my breaking point. It was really unexpected how now of all times I finally broke down in tears after what had happened. The question Jake had brought up really made me think about it deeply, making me unlock a part of my memory that was meant to stay locked for eternity.

I sighed at the thought of it, fighting back tears that began settling in my eyes. I can't be weak. I can't stay weak. I need to overcome this...this fear. I shut my eyes tightly, resting my head on the window, peacefully taking in the damp, sweet ocean breeze that blew by, accidentally dozing off in a deep slumber, running away from the plague of thoughts that once ruled out my mind.

-

I jolted up, accidentally making something that was beside me fall, causing a loud thud to echo. I squinted my eyes, looking around at the dimly lit room I was in. Oh? It's my room...aw my dad must've carried me in.

I looked down at myself, realizing I was still in my school uniform, just my shoes were off and my backpack was in the corner of the room. The thing that fell on the floor was my phone. I shifted in my bed, sliding my foot in my RJ slippers, getting up to pick up my phone and to also wash the sleepiness from my face.

I sat back down on my bed, lightly wiping my face of the excess water while holding up my phone in my hand.

"7:23pm."
"40 unread messages + 6 missed calls."

My eyes widened, unlocking the phone with concern laced in my heavy breaths.

Crappy kids

Chaerin: HEY BESTIE- GUESS WHAT? WHERE'S EUNNIE? WHERE. IS. JI-EUN? -5:32pm

Ryuza: Tired because of school maybe? I HOPE YOU'RE NOT GOING TO TELL HER WHAT I THINK YOU ARE- -5:32pm

Ryuza: But you know...she's been distant lately. Is she okay? -5:33pm

Chaerin: fr fr. Should we call her since she doesn't call us? -5:33pm

Chaerin: let's hope she picks up! -5:34pm

Ryuza: I have a feeling she won't. -5:35pm

6 missed calls- 5:45 pm

Ryuza: I told you she won't pick up :/
You think she's okay?? Man I'm actually really worried now- -5:46pm