☾ 7

_____________
The only time you should ever look back, is to see how far you've come
______________

"Yo bro!" Jake and Jay came up to Sunghoon from behind the closed classroom doors, interrupting us. Jake was the one who called out to him, grabbing his attention making us break the trance we were in.

I don't know how long we were staring at each other but it felt like the time had stopped around us and I had a weird, unexplainable feeling deep down inside me now. The unexplainable expression on his face that he had a moment ago disappeared, his expression was toughened when he met the sight of his two friends. Jake had a hand slung over Sunghoon's shoulder and Jay was on the other side of Sunghoon as the three of them stole glances at me before conversing with each other. As I was about to walk off Sunghoon surprisingly called my name, making me halt in my tracks. I slowly turned around, looking at him with confusion on my face.

"What?" I mouthed in a low whisper due to still being out of it after that little moment we had together.

"Remember what Miss Lee said?" He pursed his lips, flicking away the stray strands of hair from his eyes.

Damnit. I'm going to have to spend more time with him now.

"Maybe next time. I'm busy today." I tried coming up with something so I wouldn't have to meet him, at least not today.

"Yo, what did she say?" I heard Jake say to him, nudging him on the shoulder but he didn't look at him. His eyes were still fixed on me. Those dark empty eyes.

"Bro, she's right there. Shush." Jay added, hitting Jake behind the head making him shoot a glare at Jay. In the midst of their tiny fight my eyes trailed back up to Sunghoon who stepped closer to me. "We'll meet at the rink later." He commented, then turned away before I could even say anything else like decline his offer, though it didn't seem like he was asking but more in a telling sense.

Why does he even want to meet up? What plan is he conjuring up?

I shook my head, brushing away my thoughts that were filled with him, following wherever my feet could take me.

"Eun? Eunnieee??" I turned my head in the direction where I heard my name was being called from. It's been a while since someone called me that, mostly because Chaerin and Ryuza were the ones who used to call me that but now I weren't with them anymore. It was Sana who called me. She was standing next to a dude with pale skin and eyes that made him look like a cute fox. My eyes widened when I saw they were holding hands, like, holding hands in a couple-y kind of way.

I dashed towards her, already knowing what was up and why she was in such a happy mood. When I approached her she let go of his hands and ran towards me.

"That's him isn't it?!" I asked in a low squeal as I looked at her who was grinning uncontrollably.

"Yep, that's Sunoo." She nodded her head as the smile on her face grew. "Let me introduce you to him." She got ahold of my hand and pulled me towards him.

"Sunoo, this is Ji-eun my friend. Ji-eun, this is Sunoo my boyfriend."

I slightly bowed my head as we both greeted each other with friendly smiles. After turning our attention back to Sana I could see how much he liked her. Every time she spoke he'd just watch her and smile so cutely. What do I have to do to get a boy to fall in love with me like this? Ahh, I'll be forever single. I sighed internally as I reminisced with myself.

"So he recently transferred here just like you and coincidentally he's also in our class!" Sana exclaimed happily as the three of us walked down the corridor, hand in hand with Sana in the middle of us. Though she was talking most of the time, I didn't really pay attention due to my mind being overtaken by other things.