☾ 20

____________

When you cease to dream you cease to live
__________________

"Heeseung!?" Ji-eun's head snapped in the direction of where multiple persons shouted the name.

Sunoo, Ryuza and Chaerin were all looking at him in disbelief. Ji-eun knew why the two girls were staring at him and also knew why Sunoo was shocked. He had been best friends with Heeseung when he was in Icheon.

"How- I-", Ryuza started off at a loss of words. Both Chaerin and Ryuza knew exactly what went down between Ji-eun and Heeseung and though they weren't really happy with the way the friendship with Heeseung and their best friend ended, they still couldn't find it in them to truly hate Heeseung. He was just a chill, cool boy after all.

"Sunoo??" Heeseung's voice cracked, knitting his brows together at the sight of Sana's boyfriend who looked happier than ever to see his long distance best friend.

"Jeez dude! How long has it been?" They made their way over to each other, sharing bear hugs with each other.

Whilst Sunoo and Heeseung were bonding in the back row of the auditorium, Ji-eun was now sitting in between Chaerin, Ryuza and Sana. Jay and Jake were busy with their attention elsewhere, sharing glances at Sunghoon and Heeseung.

"He's...here? How..?" Chae started off, holding Ji's hand tightly in hers.

"Ah...he's leaving soon so he wanted to clear things up and drop by, you know?" The girl answered bravely, stealing a glance at him from behind her shoulder. He was smiling while conversing with Sunoo and he didn't look so down anymore like how he was with Luna.

"You don't still like him do you...?" Sana questioned hesitantly, a look of uncertainty mixed with concern sealed in her eyes.

"What? Of course not! I've been through this already, maybe not with you Sana, but with them." The girl sighed, pointing at Ryuza and Chaerin, her eyes fixed on their unreadable expression.

"After we 'separated', I had explained to him what my true feeling were for him and how I saw him not as a lover but a good friend..." Ji tensed up a bit due to her talking about this out loud where anyone could hear, especially Jake or Jay who were next to her.

"Are you happy about where you are right now?" Ryuza leaned away, slightly turning her head in the direction of the end of the row.

"Yeah. Why?" Ji was filled with confusion but answered truthfully.

"Yeah well somebody else doesn't look really happy right now.." Ryuza trailed off, undeniably pointing over at Sunghoon in a subtle manner. Ji-eun's head snapped back in the direction where Sunghoon was, eyes coincidentally locking with his for a few moments before Sunghoon tore away.

"Awwww the poor boy is jealous." Sana pouted, looking over at him too. Chae's head followed behind Sana'a, creating a slanted line of heads which were all faced in the direction of Sunghoon.

"Princey boy looks really sad right now." Chaerin continued, her tone weak and in a forced whisper.

They weren't wrong. Sunghoon was indeed a bit saddened at the fact that he somehow felt like he would never be able to be anything more with Ji-eun after seeing her with Heeseung. He felt like he had been shown up, put down, deeper into a hole of insecurities, which meant he felt like wasn't worth the time for Ji-eun. Just by looking at Heeseung he could tell the dude was a very nice person and he was undeniably handsome too...but not as handsome as Sunghoon himself.