Chapter Nine- Impressive Muscles

The banging on the door woke me up from my slumber the following day. I grumbled profanities at the person who was responsible and wished that they would go away.

"Whoever is in there, you need to leave!" The muffled voice shouted behind the door, and there was nothing I wanted more than to shove my head under the pillow. It was clear that the person wasn't going to leave when they persistently knocked on the door.

I yanked the cover off, causing a shiver to make its way down my body as the morning air nipped at the bare skin. I turned my head to the boy next to me, and a small smile found its way onto my lips when he tried to pull me closer in his sleep.

I wanted to stay in bed with him all morning but knew that we had cleaning to do before Jake's parents got back home. I stood up from the bed and quickly pulled the comforter over Josh so that his naked butt wasn't on show to the person at the door.

I realised that I wasn't wearing anything, so I picked up his black t-shirt and put it on. The shirt drowned my body, covering all the places it needed to cover.

Unlocking the door, I swung it open to reveal a pissed-off Jake, whose face quickly calmed down when he realised who it was. "Oh, it's just you...and Josh." His eyes trailed behind me, but from the tone of his voice, I could tell he was relieved that I wasn't some stranger. "Caleb has been looking for you, but I thought you had gone home."

"Is he still here?" I asked, wondering why he was looking for me. I already explained to him about the Xander incident, so I knew it had nothing to do with that. There was clattering coming from downstairs which was a sign that the cleaning had already begun.

"Yeah, he's just waking people up and telling strangers to leave." He explained before he went off to another room and started banging on that door too. Closing the door, I turned to face Josh, who was still somehow asleep, and then a thought crossed my mind.

I leaped onto the bed and landed on top of him with a thud. He groaned in pain and mumbled some curse words before telling me to get off him and shoving me with his arm. I stood to my feet before he could push me off.

"What the fuck was that for?" He sat up and scratched his head which gave him messy but sexy hair. Of course, this guy managed to look attractive with morning hair, and I looked like a freaking mess.

"We need to wake up and help clean," I said and took off the shirt I was wearing to throw it at him. I knew I would end up stopping the night, so I packed a bag with fresh clothes and put them under the bed yesterday. Everyone knew that upstairs was off-limits unless Jake gave someone permission to stop over, so I knew the room wasn't going to be occupied.

I slipped into my underwear and started putting on my bra when I felt warm hands being placed onto my hips. "Morning, beautiful." He whispered before placing a soft kiss just below my ear, sending a shiver down my spine.

I spun around in his arms and looped mine around his neck. "You know we can't do anything, right?" We didn't have the time, especially when we were expected to help clean with everyone else.

He didn't reply as he bent his head and placed a quick peck on my lips. "I just wanted to do that." He moved away from me and picked up his jeans off the ground before tugging them up his legs and zipping them up.

I couldn't lie. I was definitely staring at him the entire time. The smirk he sent me told me that he knew what I was thinking, but instead of jumping on him, I decided to get ready. It wasn't long before I headed downstairs to clean while Josh took off the bedsheets to change.

"There she is!" My best friend exclaimed when I reached the kitchen and passed me a black trash bag. I began by picking up all the cans and rubbish like he was. "What were you doing last night, you dirty whore?" He wiggled his eyebrows and laughed when I stuck my middle finger at him because of the name-calling.