Chapter Sixteen- He Could Sleep In A Bathtub

A throat clearing woke me up from my slumber, but I kept my eyes closed and snuggled further into the warm chest that was currently my pillow.

Wait, warm chest?

Memories from the night before came rushing back, and I snapped my eyes open to meet with no other than Xander's tanned chest. Please tell me I didn't drool on him.

I couldn't see any evidence that I may have drooled. I looked up at his face and sighed in relief that he was still sleeping.

So, who cleared their throat?

Wait a minute... I could recognise that 'ahem' from anywhere. I shot up and looked towards the door in an instant and felt my stomach drop at the sight of the man standing in my doorway with a glare on his face.

"Daddy! Hi." I squeaked out, my voice coming out higher pitched than I intended it to, which made the boy beside me begin to stir awake. I peered down at him in hopes he wouldn't wake up before looking back up to my dad.

He raised an eyebrow at the term 'daddy.' I only ever called him that when I was in trouble or wanted something.

"Please tell me that is Caleb in your bed and not his brother." He was glaring at the sleeping brunette, and if looks could kill, then Xander would be 6ft under.

I always forgot how similar the twins looked to strangers. Obviously, as I've gotten to know them, I can tell the difference straight away. Xander had slightly longer hair, freckles and had more muscle than Caleb. I also couldn't forget that Xander's voice was deeper and that he had a faint scar on his brow from hitting his head on the corner of Caleb's bed when he was younger.

Xander mumbled something incoherent, which made me look at him in panic. Hazel eyes greeted mine. "Morning, Caleb!" I rushed out before he had a chance to say anything. Again, my voice was squeaky, and a look of confusion crossed his features before he glanced at the door, and then it was replaced with fear.

My dad looked at Xander with calculating eyes and then looked back at me. His glare had yet to fall. "So, where is Xander then?"

I threw the covers off my body and got out of bed as quickly as possible, which caused the room to spin. I hated getting up too quickly. "He's in your room." Within a second my dad had walked out of my room and opened the door to his. I prayed that Caleb didn't have Jake in there. Otherwise, I definitely wouldn't get out of this one.

God felt like being on my side for a moment as Caleb was in the room alone. So, where was Jake? "Xander, wake up!" I shook Caleb's shoulder lightly to wake him, and he jolted awake. I turned to my dad, who was standing in the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest. "See, daddy, I told you Xander was in your room."

I turned back to Caleb, who was already looking at me knowingly. He had obviously figured out what had happened, although my dad still didn't seem convinced.

"Downstairs." Was all I heard him say before he turned on his heel and stomped out of the room. "NOW!" I cringed at his shouting and knew that if the others weren't already awake, they would be now. Actually, that's a lie. I know for a fact that Chris would still be passed out, at least.

My head swung to look back at Caleb, whose hair was sticking up in all sorts of directions. Let's just say he didn't look as graceful as his twin after a night of drinking. "I need you to pretend to be your brother."

He raised his eyebrow at my demand, "Do I even want to know?" I shook my head, and he carried on. "Considering all I want to do is sleep, I think I can act like a moody 14-year-old on their period." A small giggle escaped my lips, but I quickly stopped when he sent me a death glare.