The Kidnapping

My heart couldn't slow down. My breathing wouldn't steady. Every time I closed my eyes I could see it. Hear the flesh ripping. Feel the weight of the dead body in my arms.

"Mel, Mel look at me, help is on the way. You need to calm down." BB grabs me by my shoulders.

I look into her auburn eyes and I do feel a little calmer.

Until her phone rings.

"Mel, why are you calling me?" BB looks at her phone.

I scream.

The killer has my phone.

She answers it.

"Hello? Who is this?" BB says.

That's as far as the call last because then the line goes dead.

She knows where I am now. She's coming for me.

"No, no, no, no." I grab my head and try and stop it from shaking.

"Mel what is going on!?" BB demands.

"She's coming, she's going to kill me." I whimper.

"What? Speak up I can't understand you when you whine like that. What happened?"

I look outside and see a car slowly creeping down the road. The headlights light up the window I'm looking out of and I freeze.

It's her.

I don't know what I'm doing, my mind is in survival mode. I can't think rationally. I just run. I open the front door and I run. The car follows me at slow speeds. I watch it pull in front of me and the front door open.

The girl in the hoodie and oversized men's clothing steps out of the car. I turn around to run but she grabs me and puts a rag over my mouth.

"Shhh, shh, go to sleep now." She says.

I can't stop my erratic breathing so I breathe in the bad chemicals. I lock eyes with BB who runs outside after me.

"BB!" I reach out for her but my cry is muffled by the rag.

"Melony!" She runs but she's not fast enough. I am dragged and shoved into the car.

The killer gets in the front seat and slams the door shut just as BB slams her fist down on the window. The killer puts the car in reverse and peels out of the driveway. I try to move to the window but my body is sluggish and all the world goes black.

When I wake up I am confused for just a second.

Around me is a motel room. Cheap, dingy, dark. The curtains are brown but look like they are supposed to be red. They are drawn all the way shut. Only a small lamp is on, on the lampshade is a small brown stain.

There is a phone next to the lamp, but it is unplugged.

On the other bed is a girl.

About my height, my age, blond hair blue eyes.

It doesn't click at first and I say,

"Where am I? Where's the killer? Who are you?"

She had been staring at me, waiting for me to wake up. Then I see her hoodie next to her, still covered in blood.

I think she can see it when it clicks on my face because my eyes dart back towards her.

She gets up and sits next to me.

She's freshly showered and only has on a t-shirt and her underwear.

On the floor by the bed are the oversized work pants and work boots. Covered in blood.

My body locks up as I feel her press a knife into my neck.

I close my eyes and pray she does it fast.

"Take a shower and give me your clothes." She orders.

I open my eyes.

"w-what?" I say in confusion.

"Don't make me repeat myself." She snaps at me.

"Okay, okay," I quickly get up.

She follows me to the bathroom where the tub is covered in droplets of watered-down blood.

I strip in front of her, only then do I notice the stab wound on my arm has been sewn shut and there is a large Band-Aid there. When I am naked, I step into the tub and she turns on the water. It's ice cold. She hands me a small travel-sized bottle of 2 in 1 shampoo and a bar of soap. Then she walks out but leaves the door open.

While I am taking a bath, I can hear the tv on, the news playing.

Nothing about the murder yet.

I can also hear her moving things around and doing something, but I don't know what it is. When I get out of the shower, I stand naked and shiver.

"I need a towel," I call.

She walks back and hands me the towel she must have used, it's covered in watered-down blood too.

I take it from her.

Then she walks off again.

I dry myself off and look around for clothes to wear, she took mine.

I walk slowly into the room where I see her stuffing our clothes into a bag. She grabs the towel from my hands and shoves it in too. Then she goes to the closet and pulls out a duffel bag and opens it up. She pulls out some sweats and a pair of underwear from a brand-new pack she bought and hands it to me.

I take it and go back to the bathroom to put it on.

She comes in while I am dressing and uses the hand towel to start cleaning up everything. Wiping away any traces of blood anywhere. I go back to the room and sit on the bed, but she comes over to me and strips off the blankets which I accidentally got blood on while I was passed out.

I sit on the bare mattress and watch her work in silence.

We both flinch when her cell phone starts blaring an amber alert at the same time my face is flashed across the tv.

Police are looking for this girl, her name is Melony Black. She is 22, 5'6, and was last seen wearing a black dress. They are also looking for the hooded man connected with her kidnapping.

My heart sinks.

Man...

But my kidnapper is no man.

A Witness describes the man as being well built and wearing a black hoodie. The car the suspect was driving was described as a navy Nissan versa. If you know anything about this case, police urge you to call crime stoppers immediately.

The photo from my university ID is blown up on the screen.

I look at the killer and she is looking at me.

She turns the tv off goes back to cleaning, a smirk on her face as she shoves the hoodie into the black trash bag.