Day 6 of Captivity

She's not a monster, she never was. A killer, yes. A kidnapper, obviously. A monster, never. Monsters don't take good care of their victims. Monsters don't clean after them, cook them several meals a day, buy them new clothes and make sure their victims have good hygiene. Monsters want you to suffer, she never wanted that for me.

Day 6

I started my period yesterday. I don't have any pads or tampons, hell I'd even take a diva cup. But I'm too afraid to talk to her. Now that I know how much time I have left, now that I know she spends all her time not with me planning my death, I'm too scared to talk to her.

Pathetic.

Grow a backbone Melony.

You can take her.

When I woke up this morning, my sheets were covered in menstrual blood. I immediately panicked, knowing she's a clean freak I wanted to hide the evidence as soon as possible.

"Shit," I quickly jumped out of bed.

It didn't help that I was cramping pretty bad.

I moved the nightstand in front of the door before pulling the sheets off the bed and throwing them into the bathtub. I didn't even get a chance to change or turn the water on before I heard the lock turn.

She tried to open the door.

"Open the door now," she ordered.

"Hold on!" I turned the water on and frantically began scrubbing.

"Now!"

"Just a second."

I could hear her forcing her way in. I flinched when I heard the nightstand knock over. She ran over to the bathroom and looked at me. I ducked my head and held my hands up in defense.

"I'm sorry, I'll clean it. Don't get mad, I'm sorry." I sobbed.

"W-what are you doing? What happened?" she pushed her hair behind her ear and straightened herself out.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to bother you. Don't get mad." I begged, shaking on the floor as the tub filled with water.

She examined me, eyeing my bloody pants then she sighed. She turned the water off and grabbed the sopping wet sheets.

"Wait here," she said.

So I did.

She dragged the blankets away.

she came back with a trash bag and turned the water back on, preparing a bubble bath.

"Give me your pants and panties." She said.

I stood up and slid the bloody clothes down and put them in the trash bag. Then she helped me into the tub and took my shirt off, setting it on the counter. She poured lots of lavender scents into the water and made sure it was a comfortable temperature before moving to clean everything while I sat in the tub.

She even put on some relaxing music.

She cleaned the bed and put on fresh sheets, luckily there was a mattress cover under the sheets. Then she came into the bathroom and mopped everything up and cleaned everything. She walked out of the room and came back with a box of pads and tampons.

She also brought my breakfast into the bathroom, setting it on the closed toilet before kneeling down in front of me and getting on her knees.

"Here," she handed me a couple of pills, Midol. For cramping.

I took them, she handed me some orange juice.

I swallowed the pills and then she jellied my toast for me and held it up to my face. I eyed her before hesitantly biting into it.

She fed me. While I relaxed in the tub. Spoonfed me eggs and cut up my sausage. The whole nine yards. When I was done she even wiped my mouth for me. Then she cleaned up the mess and came back in with a fresh warm towel and some new clothes.

I drained the water and stood up, she wrapped the towel around me before pushing my hair behind my ear.

"I'm not a monster," she said softly before leaving me to get dressed.

I stared after her before getting dressed, now with protection to make sure the incident wouldn't happen again. I got back on the bed, resuming the normal position when she came back to get my dirty towel and shirt. She also handed me a bag of Hershey's kisses and a cup of warm green tea. Then she shampooed the carpet, removing stray blood droplets that had gotten on the floor.

I thought that was the most of it, but after that, she came back with a fan and a heating pad for me. Plus handed me a pad of paper and a pen before saying,

"Write down what you need or want, I know periods can be brutal."

"Why are you being nice to me?" I asked.

"Am I not always nice?" she cocked her head to the side.

"You're kind of scary," I admit.

"Sorry." She apologized to me!? What is going on here?

I eyed the pad of paper before putting it down.

"I'm fine, thank you though."

"No, really," she sat next to me. "I'm a snack monster on my period. I can put a hurting on a pack of Oreos."

"I love Oreos," I gush.

She grabbed the pad of paper and wrote Oreos.

"No, it's fine really. You don't have to." I say.

"What's your favorite snack?" she asked.

I eyed her.

"Tell me."

"Okay fine, I know it sounds gross but I like to eat cheese its with some chamoy sauce on it."

"Cheese its and chamoy?"

"I know, people think I'm a freak but it's so good I swear it."

"I'll have to try it." She wrote it down.

"and pickles, I love pickles."

"Me too," she wrote it down.

"lastly, kool-aid. Specifically, the fruit punch kind. I swear my blood is made of fruit punch."

She laughs.

"I like Kool-aid too, the cherry kind though. Fruit punch is good too."

"What's your favorite snack?" I ask.

"I love, love, love lemon lays."

"Never had them, not really a lays girl, more of a Cheeto girl. Hot lime Cheetos are my jam."

"You're missing out."

"I'll have to try some one day," I say but as soon as I say it I realize I'll never be able to try some because I'll never get out of here and I'll be dead soon.

There is a long pause of silence.

I think she realized the same thing I did.

"Anyway, I'm going to run to the store, I'll be back." She quickly left the room and locked the door.

I closed my eyes and tried not to burst into tears right then and there. It took me a moment to calm down but when I did I just curled up in bed and stared at the wall.

I want to go home.