The New Dynamic

Everything changed after that. It felt like I was living in some fairy tale. One I didn't want to end. For a moment there, I forgot I was even being held captive. I had convinced myself that I had just moved in with my new girlfriend. It made things easier to digest that way.

She loved on me like she never had before, I knew she could be caring but after we became official she took it to a whole new level. If there were ever a perfect girlfriend out there, it would be Dakota Foley. That girl knows how to love and take care of someone, her heart is just so big. Anything I wanted, she got it. Anything I needed, she provided.

She made it easy to forget, forget that side I had seen of her. Forget the murder and the blood and the cries for help. Forget how she kidnapped me and cut my hair off and stabbed me in the arm. Forget that she held a gun to my head and threatened to kill me too. Forget that she put a pillow on my face and tried to smother me out of this world.

For a moment, just a moment. I forgot all about who she was, what I had seen, and we just lived like a normal happy couple. Doing what any normal happy couples do. We made love, lots and lots of love. I swear we must have done it in every room on every surface of that house. Nothing was safe from us.

So, people ask me, was there a time when you didn't want to leave? And my answer is yes, there was. In fact, most of the time I was with her, I didn't want to leave. It just took me a long time to realize that. I mean, when someone treats you as nicely as she treated me, why would you want to leave?

The New Dynamic

"What classes should I take for my mini semester?"

"I thought you said online schooling sucks," I mash buttons on the game controller.

"Yeah but I still need my degree you know," she taps away on her laptop.

"Fuck school," I stay focused on my game.

"Not exactly the mindset I was looking for babe," she smacks my butt.

I die.

"Damn it," I sigh and pause the game.

"You really like that new game," she points out.

"You really like staring at my ass while I play it," I shoot back.

"Touché," she giggles.

I sit up and move to sit next to her, staring at her laptop screen. She's registering her classes for the upcoming winter mini-mester.

In less than 2 months, I will have officially been missing for 1 year.

"Gender studies sounds like a treat," I say sarcastically as I look at her schedule.

"Can you please take this seriously?" she pouts.

"Fine," I peck her on the cheek before grabbing the laptop from her.

I click through her required course list and she watches me.

As I am doing so she gets a friend request on her Facebook account. I click on it, some ugly guy.

"Leave him alone," she says.

"No way, he's a total douche, look at his profile pic. Sunglasses, indoors? Ew."

She laughs.

I click accept and he messages her.

"I can show you a good time?" I read the message out loud.

Followed by a dick pic.

She laughs.

"Go fuck yourself, how about that?" I say as I type the message into the laptop.