Chapter 2

Leighton

I closed my locker and was looking for my music class as I was walking down the hallway. I was in this school for two days and I had already noticed that almost everybody here was brain dead.

I mean, the less popular people worshipped the bimbos and muscular jocks - and they certainly don't have any brains - and I thought they at least had a brain.

My name is Leighton Willows. I'm sixteen and I just moved to South California from Salt Lake City, in Utah, to live with my aunt. My parents got locked up, so I had to leave. I also got kicked out of my old school, for possession of arms, and that was another reason.

You see, I'm not a normal sixteen year old teenage girl. I'm not like those girls in movies that are so cliché, that it makes me wanna throw up.

I learned how to use a gun when I was six years old. Dada taught me, and sometimes, I would come with him on his missions. Needless to say, I have killed people at the age of six.

My mama and my dada worked for a man who hates the U.S government. My parents hate it too, so that's why they accepted to work for him.

Dada never really told me who it was they worked for and the reason why they hated the government. I'd say, "Dada, why do you kill people?"

He would ruffle my hair and whisper in my ear, "because they are mean people. They are our ennemies."

My eyes widened at the word enemy. At that time, everybody was my friend and there were no such things as 'enemies'. "Why? What have they done?" I had asked him.

"You are too young to know or understand, Leighton. No more questions now okay? I will explain everything once you are older and wiser."

And he left me hanging, leaving me to question myself why I was killing people.

I still have no idea. I have the blood of so many people in my hands, and yet I have no idea why.
I don't think I ever will.

I sighed and realizing that I was lost and I had no idea where my music class was located, I went up to two girls who were in deep conversation.

"Hey, I'm new here and I was wondering if you could help me find my music class?" I asked politely.
I gritted my teeth. I wasn't used to being polite. Actually, I wasn't used to talking to people. And I don't know if I liked that or not.

The two girls smiled at each other. One of the girls had long wavy blond hair and light brown eyes, the other one was really tall, she had short red hair and green eyes. They were both really pretty, but they were obviously brain dead as well.

"Come with us, we'll show you," the short one said, smiling. As we were walking, she turned to me. "I'm Elle by the way. This is Avery."

I nodded, without replying. I didn't really want to talk to them.

I stopped when we went outside. "Wait, why are we outside?"

Elle smirked. "The music class is in the pavilion, which is outside."

I was skeptical, but what would I know? I was new here, after all.

We kept walking and we stopped once we arrived in front of a cabin.

"There it is!" Avery exclaimed.

"Are you kiddin-"

They grabbed me and forcefully shoved me inside the cabin, closing the door. I heard them lock it and I started banging on it loudly.

I was angry. Where was my goddamn gun, whenever I needed it?

I stopped banging on the door and looked around, as my eyes adjusted to the darkness. The room was cold and small and I realized that I was in a workshop.

I grabbed a hammer. As soon as I got out of there, I would smash their heads with it. With no remorse or shame.

That's what they get, for trying to attack me, Leighton Marie Willows, a girl who murdered five people at the age of six.

I pounded on the door again, harder this time and yelled.

As I was going to hit the door again, it opened and someone caught me, before I could face-plant.
I look up and saw Blair standing right in front of me. "Are you okay?" She asked, letting go of my arm.

"I'm fine. Thank you for helping me."

She smiled and pointed at the hammer in my hands. "What are you doing with that?"

"I'm going to bang Elle and Avery's head with it."

She laughed, "a lot of people want to do that, including me sometimes. And they're my best friends."

Stupid bitch. She thought I was kidding.

"...But violence is never the answer," she added. She probably saw the look on my face - that of serious murderous rage. "So instead, you could just go to the principal and tell him what happened. Because that was unacceptable."

She really was a dumb ass motherfucker. I didn't need anyone to protect or defend me, especially not a stupid little principal and not against two imbeciles like Elle and Avery.

They would pay. And that was for sure. And I'd make them pay my way. No one messes with I, Leighton. No one.

I would make them pay when the time would come, and oh boy would they suffer.

I smiled at the thought of what I would do to them to make them suffer, nodded and threw the hammer behind me and closed the door as we exited the cabin.