Epilogue

11 YEARS LATER

Taylor

"Daddy, can you tell me how you got this scar on your cheek?" Sky said in her baby voice.

"Well, baby," I said, picking her up and set her on my lap. "You're too young to understand and I'll explain more when you're big like your cousin Stella. But Daddy had a rough past. Do you know what I mean, Sky?"

She shook her head and I poked her gently on the nose. She giggled and I smiled.

"Well, it means something bad happened to me when I was small."

"Were you small like me?" She asked.

"No, I was bigger than you. I was 16. That's a big number, eh, Sky?"

She nodded. "I'm four!" She announced proudly.

"You're a big girl now, you'll be starting school when the leaves start falling," I said.

She smiled and I noticed my wife, Britanny standing at the door, watching us and smiling.

"Mommy!" Sky exclaimed, jumping off my lap to run towards her. "You're back!"

Britanny laughed and hugged little Sky. "So what were you two talking about?"

She sat beside me on the bed with Sky between us.

"Daddy says something bad happened to him when he was younger and that's why he got the scar on his cheek but he will tell me what happened when I get bigger, like Stella," Sky explained.

"Daddy's right to wait," Britanny said, smiling.

"Mommy, how big are you?" Sky asked.

"You mean how old? I'm twenty-nine years old."

"Wow, that's a big number!" Sky said. "What about you daddy? How old are you?"

"I'm thirty-two years old. That's even bigger than mommy," I replied.

She looked amazed.

Britanny stood up and took her hand. "It's time for your nap, Sky! Let's get to bed, baby," she said.

I smiled at both of them and they left the room.

I had a good life with a beautiful wife and daughter, with a nice house.

Maybe I wasn't so fucked up after all.

My phone vibrated as I recieved a text and I took it out of my pocket. It was from Blair.

Well, I just got married. Now for the coffee... How about tomorrow?

I smiled and texted her back.

You might've been right about the whole "me thanking you later on for saving my life" but I beat you on the marriage field. Got married six years ago and I have a child. Coffee's good. Starbucks tomorrow @ 9?

She instantly texted back.

From: Blair

Well... damn! Guess we're even now. & DEAL! Have a nice evening. See you, in the morrow! - à la Shakespeare.

I laughed and put my phone away. Britanny came in the room and lied next to me on the bed.

"Heard you laugh. What's so funny?"

"Oh, I just got a funny text. And guess who I'm seeing tomorrow for the first time in nearly twelve years?"

"Who?"

"Blair," I replied.

She smiled and nodded. "I'm glad you guys are friends now," she replied.

I smiled back and kissed her lightly on the forehead.

"I'm going to bed now, gotta go to work early tomorrow," she said, sighing. "Goodnight my love."

"Goodnight baby."

I took my phone and replied to Blair's text.

LOL. I have no idea what you've been drinking, but I'd love to have some of that.

I kept my phone in my hands, knowing she'd reply in seconds. It vibrated thirty seconds later.

From: Blair

Must be the coffee at Google. Yummmmmy. I'll try to bring you some on our second coffee rendez-vous (I'm also feeling very French today. Must be because I AM MARRIED NOW). Deal?

I smiled.

Deal.

From: Blair

That means we're going to have to see each other again after the first meetup. Goodnight Taylor.

I'll see you demain matin - I can be French too! Goodnight.

I closed my phone and went under the covers, smiling. Life is good and I'm not fucked up.

FIN.

** SO I FINALLY FINISHED THE KIDNAPPER, AFTER OVER A YEAR OF WRITING IT. THE ENDING SUCKED BUT I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO PUT IT INTO WORDS EXACTLY, SO I'M VERY SORRY. I HOPE YOU ALL LIKED THE STORY, AND THANK YOU FOR READING IT :D