Chapter 10

Blair

We've been running for so long now, my legs were burning. My body was screaming at me to stop and catch my breath, but I ignored it and kept running.

"Stop!" Taylor shouts from behind me.

I turn around and stop. My legs were so sore, I could barely stand anymore, so I sat hard on the grass. He joined me, panting. His face was pale, and contorted in pain.

I took a few swigs of water from my bottle and handed the rest to him, laying on the grass.

After a while, we both managed to catch our breaths.

"Where are we?" I ask, looking around me.

We were in the middle of nowhere. There wasn't even cars or houses. It was just a vast field.

I was pretty sure we were outside of town, so Leighton didn't have a lot of chances of finding us.

But she was Leighton, and she'd somehow manage find a way.

He pulls out his old Motorola and opens his GPS app.

"We're in Orange County," he said, scrunching up his nose.

I laugh.

"What's so funny?"

"Why would you download a GPS app? It's pathetic."

"Hey, you'll question that later. Be grateful that we know where we are, at the very least."

"Actually no. We're in Orange County, but in the middle of a wheat field, which is in the middle of nowhere. We don't know where we are."

He rolls his eyes, but he knows very well that I'm right.

"We can try finding a place to camp out for tonight."

"I'm certainly not down to camp out here," I snapped.

The thought of sleeping in a wheat field full of insects creeped me out.

"Well, where do you want to sleep?" He asks, raising an eyebrow and crossing his arms.

"Maybe you could try to locate a nearby inn for us to sleep in with your GPS?" I shrug.

He chuckles. "I thought my GPS app was pathetic?"

"We don't have time for jokes, Taylor," I snapped, rolling my eyes.

He continued to laugh and shook his head, taking his phone out again.

"There's a Holiday Inn one mile away from us."

"Good, then let's go."

I was really missing my comfortable bed with 100-threads egyptian cotton sheets and my warm fluffy pillow. I was missing the scent of the perfume I sprayed in my room every day.
I missed my cats Charlie, Olga and Esmeralda.

"What's wrong?" Taylor asked, stirring me out of my thoughts.

I hadn't realized that I had collapsed on the ground, crying.

"I really miss my kitties," I said, sobbing.

He furrowed his eyebrows, and rolled his eyes, waiting for me to finish sobbing.

"Are you done crying?" He snapped, glaring at me.

"Um, no actually. I've never been separated from my kittens before and I don't really like that. So I'm not done."

He rolled his eyes again and began walking away from me again.

I ran after him.

"Okay, what is your problem?"

"What? What did you expect? Did you want me to pout and cry with you and feel sorry for you? Well sorry to break it to you, but I don't feel sorry that you miss your cats." He crossed his arms and scowled.

"Why are you acting like a jerk right now? I know it's hard for you but it is just hard for me too and I-"

He snorts and I pause, narrowing my eyes at him.

"What's so funny?"

"It's not hard for you. I don't think you even realize what's going on. All you're worrying about your cats who probably don't even give two shits about you, when our lives are in danger."

"You don't think I realized that?! Why do you think I accepted to even run away anyways? I-"

"Oh yeah, and we're here because of you. All of this is your fault. So thanks a lot, Blair" he spat, interrupting me.

"My fault? What would you do, if somebody threatened you? It's obvious that the stupidest thing to do is disobey."

He pursed his lips and didn't say anything for a moment.

"You could have called the cops or something."

"Well, I was so scared that--"

"You know what? I don't care. Just keep walking," he snapped, walking away from me.

Why was he acting so rude? I understand why he felt like it was my fault, but we were in the same situation right now so he was being unfair for yelling at me.

I sighed and we walked in an awkward silence all the way to Holiday Inn, lost in our own thoughts.

*****************************************************************************************************************
A/N:
Hey errbodyyy :D so um yeah, chapter tennnnnabshwhdjssm! :D
I LOATHE, HATE AND DESPISE IT.
Sorry AGAIN (until I finally write a long one) for the short chappie.
Next chapter is Taylor's POV!!11111!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!11111!!!!!! Okay i should stop putting numbers lmao.
but AISUSLXKSJSKHSJSK YAYAY :D
Vote & comment! Thank youuuu xxx
Ex oh ex oh ex oh (x12939394839)

******************************************************************************************************************