Chapter 13

Taylor

"What do you want to do now?" I asked, watching Blair swing her legs back in forth.

We just came back from eating breakfast, and now we were in our room, watching TV, bored.

"There's not much we can do, Taylor. We have a serial killer after us."

I laughed. All this sounded so ridiculous.

"Yeah, you're right. But I don't want to stay cooped up in bed all day, watching F•R•I•E•N•D•S!"

"Hey, that's an amazing show! I could stay at home all day, watching it."

"Oh really?" I raised an eyebrow.

She gazed back at me and half-heartedly shook her head.

"I would gladly do something else than watching TV, but we don't have much of a choice."

I groaned. "Leighton's not going to find us, she's still in Santa Clarita and we're in Santa Monica!"

"Leighton is smart. And for all we know, she could even have people working for us here! She probably even sent out a search party for us."

"Maybe the desk clerk works for Leighton, what do we know?" I said, half teasingly.

She glared at me and turned her attention back to the TV.

I put my hand on her arm.

"I'm serious, though. We should go out and do something. We can't stay in this inn forever!" I pause, glaring at the floor. Then, an idea struck me. "Maybe we should go somewhere else! South Carolina? Or Pennsylvania! It's huge, she won't find us!"

"Do you know how long it's going to take to get there?"

I glared at her. "Of course I do. We'll take the train. And we have both our parents' bank cards, we should be fine financially speaking."

She seemed to consider my suggestion.

"I think it's an amazing idea." I stated.

She nodded. "Yeah, me too."

****

"You're leaving already?" The desk clerk from yesterday said, smiling.

Why would she care? We weren't going to stay here forever.

Blair didn't answer, so she looked at me but I ignored her question as well.

"We better get going. Goodbye."

I grabbed Blair's arm and we left, hailing a cab to get us to the train station.

"Why would she say that? It's not like people stay there for weeks!" Blair exclaimed, once we were at the station.

"Yeah, I know. It's weird. Maybe she was sad because she won't get to see my sexy face anymore." I said, winking at her.

She laughed. "She was probably hoping to get a glimpse of you shirtless or something."

I laughed along with her and stopped when I noticed a girl staring at me. She looked like she was angry. She stared right into me, her eyes boring holes into my face.

Bile rose up my throat, but I fought the urge to gag. "It's okay Taylor. You're just paranoid." I said to myself.

"Are you okay?" Blair asked, putting a hand on my arm.

I nodded. "Yeah. I think that's our train. We should go."

She looked suspicious but didn't say anything. We climbed into the vehicle and sat in an empty compartment.

"I feel like everyone's watching us."

"Did what I say earlier scare you?" she said, smirking.

I nudged her. "It's not funny. There's a murderer out to get us." I said.

"Actually, she loves you. She'll kill me, but I doubt she'll lay a finger on you."

"Then why did she want you to kidnap me?
To isolate me and not let me eat?"

"I don't why she wanted me to do these things for you. But I think she made me kidnap you to- I don't even know. But it's obvious that she has a crush on you."

"I want to go to the police. When we get to Pennsylvania, we're going to the cops. All right?" I said, flipping my hair.

"Fine by me." She retorted.

****

Two hours later, we fell asleep but I woke up when I felt the train suddenly stop. We couldn't be there already, a train doesn't move that fast!

I left Blair to check and when I came out, I felt someone pull me backwards.

"Help!" I yelled, struggling to get out of the person's grasp.

"Shhh boy. Calm down." A familiar voice said.

It was Leighton.

How did she find me?