Chapter 26

5 YEARS LATER

Blair

"Deep breaths, I know it's the biggest day of your life tomorrow, but there's no need to stress," Jeremy said, giving me a massage as I layed on my stomach.

I was going for an interview to get an internship at Google, and I was sincerely hoping to get in. It was my dream since high school.

I looked up, and turned my head to gaze lovingly at my boyfriend. I had met him a while after I got out of prison. I had been locked up for 6 months for playing a small part in Leighton's plan, but I was also a victim and I had helped the police find her so I got less time in jail.

I had been a mess. 6 months in jail changed me and I was still traumatized by the whole situation with Leighton. I was also sad that Taylor hated me, because I thought we were in this together. I met Jeremy in councilling, and we had bonded over how ridiculous our therapist was. Just three months later, we got together. 4 years later, to this day, we're still together and happily sharing a condo.

"You'll get the job, I know it. You're so smart and charismatic, easy to talk to and willing to help others. That's why I love you so much," Jeremy said.

"My knack for helping others has almost gotten me killed six years ago," I mumbled.

He laughed. "No, you just picked the wrong person to help."

I sat up, picked up my shirt from the ground and put it on. "Thanks for being so great, Jer," I whispered in his ear.

He smiled as I kissed him lightly on the cheek. I stood up and smirked at him. "So, I'm really hungry. I'm gonna go make some eggs... Wanna come with me?"

He lied on his back. "It's okay, I'll just wait for you to finish. I'm gonna watch the news while you cook."

I smiled at him. "Alright, be right back."

I go to the kitchen and open the fridge. I realize that there are no eggs so I call out to my boyfriend. "Babe! There are no more eggs, I'm going to the store, I'll be right back!"

"Okay, baby!" He answered from the room.

I put on my shoes and quickly walked to my car. Man, I was hungry.

I drove to the corner store and bought some cookies and eggs. After making my purchase, I walk out of the store and bump into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorr- Taylor!" I squeaked when I saw Taylor towering over me.

He looked slightly tired, his hair was in a ponytail and he had a beard. He looked better than ever.

"Good morning Blair, long time no see! You look beautiful," Taylor said, smiling at me.

I frowned. "Last time we saw each other you were rude to me."

"I don't recall that," he admitted and furrowed his eyebrows. "But I'm sorry for being so awful to you."

I nodded. "So how's everything for you?"

"Good. I went to CMFBL right after that night you...we... escaped. After that, I moved to a hotel and got a job as a janitor for the hotel I lived in. I just recently got an appartment. What about you?"

"I go to college and I live with my boyfriend, Jeremy. Tomorrow I have an interview to get an internship at Google, I hope it all works out! Fingers crossed," I said, crossing my fingers.

He crossed his fingers as well and I giggled.

"So you dropped out of school?" I asked.

"I'm planning on starting college soon, I just don't know what to do yet. I'm pretty content with my life at the moment. I'll just go with the flow."

We smiled at each other without saying a word. Ten seconds later, broke the silence. "Well, it was great seeing you. Let's catch up over coffee soon yeah?" He said.

I nodded and handed him my phone so he could add his number.

"I'll text you," I said.

He nodded and I said goodbye, and turned to leave. He stopped me.

"Wait, before you go, I just wanted to say thank you for saving my life. I really appreciate it, Blair. Life's good."

I burst out laughing. "Looks like I was right after all!"

He frowned, visibily confused

"Don't you remember our conversation back at the police station? The night everything went back to normal? Well, relatively. Anyways, I told you that one day, you'd thank me for saving your life and you were just so angry and upset about the whole thing, you denied it. Well, I was right! I knew it! I predicted it!" I explained.

He laughed along with me.

"I'm having vague flashbacks of that moment, but yes, miss psychic, you were indeed, very right."

We laughed again and I put my hand on his shoulder. "In all seriousness, you're welcome. I hope it wasn't too bad after. You look good, so I'm not worried."

"It's alright."

I nodded and took my hand off him.

"Well, I better go. My boyfriend's waiting for me at home," I said, smiling at him.

He nodded and gave me a hug. "Bye, Blair. It was good seeing you. Don't forget to text me so we can go have this coffee soon!" He said.

"I wouldn't."

I turned around and walked back to my car. I watched him enter the store as I drove off, going home.

"What took you so long?" Jeremy asked, as soon as I came in. "I was worried for you, babe."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "I've been kidnapped by a murderer, as you can see I'm experienced in the kidnapping department. Got nothing to worry about, I know how to deal with it."

He pouted petulanty and I laughed, kissing him on the cheek.

"Guess who I ran into at the store?" I said.

"Hm, I don't know. Who?" He replied.

"Taylor."

"How was he?"

"He changed. Very big and tall now. It was weird seeing him all grown up. But he's nice and he's apologized for the way he treated me. He even thanked me for saving his life. We're going for coffee soon, so I guess we're friends again."

"Well, that's good, Blair! You finally got the treatment you deserved."

I smiled and pushed him gently away from me. "Now let me go make the eggs. You sit down and watch TV."

"Okay ma'am!"

I laughed as I walked to the kitchen.

It was good knowing Taylor was okay in the end. The pieces were finally putting themselves together.