Paladins of Creation and Destruction

Summary: When Marinette and Adrien went missing, everyone thought that they're dead. However, when the earth was invaded by aliens, only five heroes would save the planet.

~~~~~

Alya's Pov

It's been five years that Marinette and Adrien went missing. Rumors said that they're dead while Lila said that Marinette kidnapped Adrien. I don't believe them. Although, I still missed them. It's also five years that Hawkmoth was defeated and Ladybug and Cat Noir retired from becoming superheroes. There weren't any battles ever since. I was now in my apartment with Nino sitting next to me on the couch while we're watching TV. He was about to switch the channel when it switched itself revealing Marinette's mom Sabine on-screen.

Sabine: Citizens of Earth, my name is Sabine Cheng. I am the wife of French baker, Tom Dupain, and mother of a famed astronaut, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Two years ago, it was believed that she and her crew died during a deep space mission. That was a lie. My daughter, along with her crew, was abducted by an alien race known as the Galra, a fact that was covered up by the Galaxy Garrison.

What? Marinette? Abducted by aliens? I looked at Nino and knew what I was thinking.

Sabine: A year ago, Damian Wayne, one of the crew members, returned to Earth, but the Garrison forced him to stay in hiding.

Sabine shows us the footage of her, Tom, a boy I presumed was Damian and a Garrison member by the name of Admiral Ellen Sanda.

Sanda’s voice: I’m afraid we can’t allow Damian to leave the premises. We’re not prepared to tell the world about the existence of alien life just yet.

The screen changed back to Sabine who is now joined by Damian.

Damian: But I refuse to stay hidden any longer. We desperately need your help. Not every alien species is friendly, and Planet Earth must be protected. Here at the Garrison, we’ve been working on creating advanced ships and weaponry.

Sabine: The footage you are about to see is real.

Sabine then shows us the footage of a group of alien ships, inside and outside. I can't believe it. They're telling the truth. But, they never said about Marinette becoming an astronaut.

Damian: These are the Galra. If they find Earth, they will attack, and we must be prepared.

Sabine: But some have spent years protecting us. They are the Paladins of Voltron, and they come from Earth.

The footage shows a giant robot. Wow. This one was amazing.

Nino: Paladins of Voltron?

I shrugged in confusion, but the screen on TV changed showing Adrien in a yellow jacket walking through an unknown hall.

Adrien: Hello, Father. I know you were worried sick about me, but I'm fine. However, believe me, or not, I may have accidentally been to space with my friends. But, don't worry! I will be back home safe, I promise. Just, trust me with this.

The screen then changed to Luka playing his guitar on a bed.

Luka: Hey Mom, Dad, Juleka. I know, I know. Where am I? Well, my friends and I have been to space and then becoming what is called "Space Paladins". Experiencing alien life it's like a little melody to my mind. I won't judge. It's good to know anything outside our home, but Earth is still where I belong.