CHAPTER 17

"Nick are you alright?" I ask with tears in my eyes as he doesn't respond.

"I'm so sorry," I apologise as I cradle him in my arms just as his phone stars ringing.

"Hello," I say

"Nick?" the caller asks.

"No, its Laura... his friend,"

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"He's been beaten up, I'm taking him to the hospital right now,"

"By who?"

"Who is this?" I ask finally regaining my senses.

"Aiden, his brother. He was beaten up by who?"

"My ex...is that all you care abou-"

"By who?" he repeats impatiently.

"Dave," I reply.

"Bring him home,"

"Okay you may not care about your brother, but I do. I'm taking him to the hospita-"

"And what are you gonna tell them happened?" he interrupts.

What am I going to tell them?

"That he was beaten up right?" he answers his question.

"But by who? you say their names and he ends up worse. Bring him home," he says as he cuts the call.

"Okay Nick hang on, I'll take you home," I say as I lift him up and put his right arm around my shoulders.

"Please work with me here," I say as he's really heavy. We slowly walk to his car and I put him on the back seat and close the door. I run to the driver's seat and take the quickest route to Nick's house. Who knew this fate would turn out to be a disaster?

I pull up in his driveway and spot Aiden leaning on the door. I get out of the car.

"What are you doing? get over here," I yell at him, irritated at his nonchalance. He helps me lift Nick from the car and take him to the house. When we get in, he lays him down on the couch and turns to face me.

"Wipe that look from your face, he won't die... he's only unconscious," he finishes.

"Only?" I yell in shock.

"Your brother is lying there and you're looking at me like I'm giving you the weather report," I say.

"Alright," he says as he goes in and comes out with a wet cloth and some water. I grab it from his hand and tend to Nick.

15 MINUTES LATER

"Nick's temperature seems to be normal," I say as I place my hands on his neck.

"Here," Aiden says as he hands me a shirt.

"What's that for?" I ask confused.

"Your clothing is torn... if you haven't noticed," he says plainly.

Of course my outfit.

"Thanks," I say appreciatively as I wear the shirt. I look at the time.

"Um Aiden, I gotta head home, it's almost seven. Take care of him,"

"Laura," he calls and I turn.

"You're a good friend," he says. I nod and head out the door.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

ALLY POV

"So where do you think we should go on our next date?" I ask Nate as we lie on the couch.

"I don't care. I'm just happy to be with you," he says as we kiss. Honestly, saying yes to Nate was the best thing I've ever done.

I relax in his arms as my phone rings.

"Hello?" I say.

"Als it's Jason. I need to talk to you,"

AUTHORS NOTE: I'll say I'm sorry but apology doesn't even cut it. I had exams and I had to read. I passed btw so it all turned out good (thank God). I'm so sorry and I'll make it up by posting two chapters today. Love -S.