CHAPTER 7

ALLY POV

I glance at myself again in the mirror then nod with satisfaction. My hair is in a braid and my makeup is flawless. I don't wear dresses so I settle for a green romper. I still can't believe Jason is coming today. I dance around my room happily.

He would come after the state championship so I literally would not miss anything.

I go to Laura's house and see her in short jean shorts and a tee shirt. She looks beautiful without even trying.

She normally wears a jersey that has Jake's number during every  game but now that they've broken up, I guess she dosen't have to.

'Hey you cleaned up nice' she says walking towards me.

'Well what do you expect? its a double celebration.'

'I hope as soon as Jason comes back home you two would start going out. '

'I hope so too.' I say as we head out.

  LAURA POV

We arrive at the gym to be greeted by alot of cheering fans. Most of them are on our side because we're playing home. Everyone seems to be in a festive mood.

'Is it just me or are the cheerleading skirts abit shorter today' she says while taking her seat beside me.

'Abit? ' I say with mock shock.

The game commences really well to the merriment of spectators. Our team scores repeatedly until Dave winks at me just as Jake gets hold of the ball. Dave is open but he passes the ball to Nate, enabling a guy from the other team get it and score.

This happens about three more times until Dave finally gets the ball and throws it at Jake, hitting him on the head with it. Jake almost falls and walks towards Dave.

'Whats your problem bitch? ' Jake says shoving Dave.

'No what's your problem bitch' Dave says getting all up on Jake's face. Nate gets in their middle and seperates them before the fight escalates.

They get back in the game but I watch in horror as the other team scores again and again and again until they equalize.

Dave gets hold of the ball less than one minute to the end of the game and heads towards me.

'Laura be my girlfriend' he says as he bounces the ball. A guy from the other team tries to get the ball but Dave dribbles him.

'Dave please don't do this to me. please shoot' I beg as I look around and see every spectators eyes on me.

'I'm not shooting until you say yes' he says still bouncing the ball.

TEN SECONDS LEFT

I look around at the spectators again. The coach looks like he's about to kill someone; most likely me or Dave. Ally looks shocked. It feels like minutes when in reality its less than a second.

If I don't say yes, everyone would hate me but if I do...

'Yes' as soon as the words leave my mouth, he shoots. Everyone holds their breath. The ball seems to go in slow motion and enters the net. The timer stops.

There are cheers all around as the players and spectators lift Dave up. Ally pulls me into a hug and I honestly don't know whether I'm happy or sad.

We won. After some time, Dave comes running toward me. He lifts me up and hugs me. I hug him back. we won. All of a sudden, he puts me down.

'See you at 8' he says and jogs away. What the hell just happened?

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

  ALLY POV

The airport is quite full as people wait for their family and friends to arrive but there is only one person on my mind. Jason. I love him and I just feel like shouting it from the rooftop.

You'd think a year apart would make the feeling lessen; if anything it made it stronger. I can just imagine him coming down from the plane, running toward me and kissing me like there is no tomorrow.

Dave. That smartass bastard asking Laura out in front of everyone. I'm sure he had everything planned. He's a douche but I have to admit he knows exactly how to get what he wants. I guess Laura is now officially his girlfriend. Jake must be so mad.

  I see Laura and her parents get up and I look up. Jason walks towards us with a smile on his face. I catch my breath. His hair is slightly tousled and he looks slightly older but way more handsome than the last time I saw him.

'Mom' he says and hugs her, lifting her up in the process.

'Dad' he says and also hugs his father.

'Laura. You still sleeping around? '

'I dunno. You still a retarded crackhead? ' she asks and they hug. They always make fun of each other like that.

He turns toward me. Here it goes; this is the moment I've been waiting for for a year.

'Ally' he says casually and hugs me briefly. I feel butterflies erupt in my stomach.

'How was your trip? ' I ask just as casual.

'It was fine.' He turns towards Laura.

'Heard there's a party at Nate's' he says and links his arm in hers.

'Yes, how do you know? '

'I guess news travels really fast.' he replies.

'Not so fast. You need to rest; you've had a really long day.' Mrs Richardson says pulling him away.

'Trust me this is nothing compared t-' he sees the look on his mothers face.

'I mean I'll go get my luggage' he says and walks off.

'Alright you kids run along. Laura get home before midnight. got it? ' Mrs Richardson says.

'Got it. I guess i'm gonna pull a cinderella' she says and links my arm in hers as we walk off. I think about Jason. What is wrong with him and why is he ignoring me?

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

  LAURA POV

As soon as I get to the party, I let go of Ally. knowing Jason, he'll probably be here in about an hour. There seemed to be some sort of tension between him and Ally. They seriously need to sort out their issues. suddenly out of nowhere, a hand grabs me.

'Hello girlfriend' Dave says slightly drunk. I push him off.

'What is your problem? why would you put me on the spot like that? ' I say facing him.

'It was the only way' he tries to defend.

'You took a huge risk. what if I had said no? ' I ask

'It was a risk I was willing to take and lets be honest you are too smart to say no. You know what? what is done is done. you're my girlfriend now' he says pulling me to him.

'Fine but we're only pretending' I say looking at him.

He hesitates. 'Fine by me. Now lets make it official.' he says and drags me to the living room. We both climb the table.

'Can everyone shut the fuck up for one second? I would like to officially introduce my girlfriend, Laura' he says as everyone cheers and before I know what is happening, he kisses me. I have to admit though he is a really amazing kisser and a hell of an actor. I pull back and I catch Jake staring at us with anger in his eyes. This cannot be good.