CHAPTER 24

ALLY POV

"Who is it?" Jason calls out as I knock on the door.

"It's me... Ally," I reply with a half mind to turn back and wait for Laura to come down. Dave called her a while ago; he wanted them to meet up to talk so she asked me to come over and help her get ready.

"Hey Ally," Jason says cheerfully as he opens the door.

"Hey," I reply cordially. It's been weeks since Laura told me the truth about him and I haven't been here since.

"It's been a while," he says as he leans on the doorframe.

"Has it? I hadn't noticed," I reply not able to lok him in the eyes.

"You're acting strange,"

"I came to see Laura,"

"I know... so?" he asks shrugging.

"So you're standing in my way,"

"Oh," he says caught off guard and stands back.

"Thank you," I say sarcastically as I enter the house.

"How's Nate?"

"It's none of your business," I reply as I head up the stairs.

"Hey Ally," Laura greets as ahe drags me into her room and shuts he door. There are clothes sprawled on the bed and floor, the wardrobe, practically empty. The room is a mess.

"Okay fashion emergency,"

"Obviously," I gasp.

"What happened with Dave?" I ask.

"He wants to talk about us," she says simply.

"Is there an 'us'," I ask highlighting the us with my fingers.

"That's what we want to talk about. This is our last year of high school and we need to know where we stand even though we won't get back together," Laura states and I stare at her.

She moves over to the bed and picks up a silk top.

"He did some awful things; he attacked Nick and I and I don't know if I can get past that,"

"Okay," I say simply.

"Okay what?" she asks me obviously annoyed.

"Okay to you saying you're not getting back together,"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you're quite fickle,"

"I'm no-,"

"I get it," I interrupt.

"So he'll come pick you up?" I ask changing the subject. I'm not in the mood for an argument.

"Yup and he'll bring me back as well,"

"Where are you going?" I ask picking up a white dress.

"Don't know yet,"

"What if he leaves you stranded... you know like before?" I ask uncertainly as I push Laura on her chair and loosen her hair from it's messy bun.

"If that happens then I'll call and tell you the location. You won't mind would you?" she asks already knowing the answer.

"You know I won't," I reply.

"Thanks. And after that, I'll key his car," she says. I know Laura well enough to know that she means it; and they say I'm the crazy one.

"Okay go with light makeup, but slightly heavier than usual, you know, show him what he's missing,"

"And wear this," I say handing her the knee length white dress with a brown belt.