CHAPTER 8

I stare in a daze at the scene unfolding before me as a girl walks towards Nate and kisses him full on the lips as people cheer. I take another sip of beer as Dave looks at me intently.

'What? ' I slur. I gotta admit I'm a little drunk.

'I'm just thinking of how cute you look when drunk' he says and I flush a little.

'I'm not that drunk. I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be back in a sec' I say and walk away.

I gotta admit, Nate's house is huge. I finally find the bathroom and go in. I stare at my reflection in the mirror.

'Wow I look wasted' I mutter to myself. I pour some water on my face as my head begins to clear. I look up at the mirror again and see Jake standing behind me. I gasp in shock and turn around.

'Idiot you almost gave me a heart attack' I shout as I shove him.

'What did I tell you about dating Dave? ' he says moving towards me.

'I date whoever I want to. you don't control me' I say.

'Okay lemme put it like this. I give you seven days to break up with Dave.'

'Or what? ' I goad. I won't let him control me.

'Or I'll kill you, Dave and myself' he says, looking into my eyes and I can see thet he means it.

'Laura you're the one that will decide how our story will end. 7 days, ' he says and walks out.

I turn to the mirror visibly shaken. Oh my God what the hell has gotten into Jake? I dry my face and head back to the party as Dave walks towards me.

'Hey I was about to come looking for you.'

'Oh thanks' I say looking at him.

'Oh yeah so I guess I'll see you tomorrow then. '

'Tomorrow? whats tomorrow? ' I ask.

'Our date. Pick you up at 7' he says with a wink and walks off.

WOW.

I search for Ally and find her sitting alone.

'Hey what are you doing all by yourself? wheres Jason? ' I ask looking around.

'Dont know. I'm driving so I guess no drink for me, ' she says trying to sound cheerful.

'Dave asked me on a date' I blurt.

'Laura that guy is bad news and you know it' she says.

'Come on, its just one date. can you come over to help me? ' she hesitates.

'I wouldn't miss it for anything' she says.

'Oh and whats up with you and Jason? ' I say sitting beside her.

'I dont know. I guess its because we haven't been together in a while or whatever'

'Uh-huh' I say with sarcasm.

I check my phone for the time and gasp. Its 1:49

'Oh my God my mom's gonna kill me' I say and quickly leave. we get in the car and Ally drives off.

As soon as I reach the porch, I take off my heels and open the door. luckily no one is awake. I make my way up the stairs. As long as I don't make any noise, everything will be o- BAM. I slip on something and fall with a loud thud. So much for not attracting attention. I get to my room and lock the door then collapse on the bed.