CHAPTER 19

I get tense as I hear a knock on the door.

"Laura can I come in?" its my mother's voice.

"Yes mom," I say and sit up on my bed. She looks at me and cautiously makes her way forward. She sits on my bed and fumbles awkwardly as she starts.

"Laura, I guess I owe you an apology," she looks at me but I don't say anything so she continues.

"We've been on the rocks lately, I and your father... that is why we're considering a divorce," she says and looks at me again.

"But we're not making a hasty decision yet, we'll have to all make it together as a family," she finishes and I still don't say antthing.

"For Pete's sake Laura, say something,"she says exasperatedly.

"It's me who should be apologising mom," I say regretfully.

"I acted like a spoilt brat earlier and I'm sorry.I've been under alot of pressure lately and I just don't ever want to lose you," I say and we hug. This is the closest I've been to my mother in weeks, I must admit.

"I just want to talk to you about alot of things going on in my life right now," I say as we break the hug.

"I know sweetie, but get some rest. Its been a long day," she says as she pats my hair.

You have no idea.

"Is that a bruise?" She asks worriedly as she touches my arm.

"Um yes i hurt myself by accident. It"s been a while," i reply hoping she'll buy it."Put something on it okay," she says with affection as she kisses me on the forehead and leaves my room. I lay down on the bed and close my eyes trying to sleep. I can't help it as I think of Nick. Poor guy, I'll visit him first thing tomorrow morning. I start to relax when I hear another knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I ask but there is no reply.

"Can't someone get some sleep in this house?" I mumble under my breath as I get up and open the door.

"Oh it's just you," I say to Jason as  I walk back to my bed.

"Thanks for the enthusiasm," he responds sarcastically as he walks in and closes the door.

"What is it?" I ask sleepily.

"Must something be wrong? Can't i come to see how my little sister is doing once in a while?" he says clutching his chest with mock offence in his tone.

We stare at each other for a while then we both burst out laughing.

"Good one," I say amusedly.

"But what is it?" I ask again.

He hesitates for a while.

"It's Ally," he says finally.

"Ally? what about her?" I ask.

"Is she really dating Nate?" he blurts out.

"Yes.So?

"Why?" He asks.

"What do you mean why?"

"You know, why are they dating?"

"People date because they really like each other," I reply like he's stupid.

"I thought she liked me,"

Well that's a shocker.

"Let's say that was true, then why were you acting like a jerk?" I ask disbelievingly.

"I wanted to make her jealous," he says simply.

"By hurting her?" I ask but he doesn't answer.

"Well you've lost her so what's done is done I guess," I say bluntly.

He stares back at me with glassy eyes.

"Goodnight Jason," I say as I lie down and cover myself with my blanket. I feel him stare at me for almost a minute before leaving the room and closing the door. I hope he doesn't do anything stupid.

A/N: I want to appreciate each and every one of you guys for supporting my stories, you guys are the best.    Love -S.