CHAPTER 5

'Have you thought about my offer? ' he asks.

I see no way out and break into a run. I hear him follow me. The exit appears closer- almost there.

BAM

He grabs my hands and slams me against the wall.

'What is your probem? ' I ask.

'My problem is you. Have you thought about my offer? ' he asks.

'Yes and there is no way i'm doing it' I say, trying to pry my hands free.

'Okay let me put it this way; you're gonna act like my girlfriend. if you don't do that, i'll make your life a living hell. Understand? ' he says and kisses me hard on the lips then walks away.

I stand there for some minutes in shock and then I walk out the school and drive home. Ally left a while ago with someone else since I had to stay back for detention.

I arrive home. The house is empty because mom dosen't come home till seven so I guess I have the whole house to myself.

I drop the keys and my bag and head to my room. As soon as I enter, I untie my hair. I'm about to remove my top when I hear a voice behind me.

'Laura'

I instantly put my top back down and stare at the intruder.

'Jake  What the hell are you doing here? ' I ask.

'I came to look for you. You're ignoring me aren't you? '

'Are you stalking me? ' I ask pissed off.

'No I'm not. Listen why don't we just forget all that has happened and move on? ' he says moving closer.

'Get out or I'll call the cops' I say while backing away.

He laughs.

'And what will you tell them?'

'I'll tell them i have a demented psycho in my room. Get out'

'You're my girlfriend and always will be. Nothing can tear us apart' he shouts.

My mind screams danger. I look over at the table and see a lamp. I carry the lamp defensively.

'Get out or I'll break your fucking skull' I say, moving towards him. He looks unfazed.

'I'll leave but because I want to.' He turns to go, but turns back.

'A little bird told me you want to date Dave. Is it true? '

No answer.

'Because dating him would make me really angry and you don't want to see me angry' he says slowly and walks out. So I'm damned if I date Dave and damned if I dont. UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey guys, I have a new book out, titled 'With Love, Your Killer', which is a murder mystery. Do check it out!