CHAPTER 15

"Hey," Nate shouts as he catches up to me.

"Whats up," I reply. Detention is over and the school seems empty. I and Rachel were close to fighting again in detention and were granted another week.

"Heard you were fighting over me," he says amusedly and I turn to face him. His hair is windswept which makes him look more attractive and he looks quite tired although I didn't see him in school the whole day.

"No I did not fight over you so don't flatter yourself.  Rachel slapped me and I defended mys-"

"Ouch," he says looking hurt.

"What? we've had this conversation before," i say as he walks away then comes back.

"That hurt Ally," he simply states.

"Well i'm sorry," I reply back.

"What's wrong with you?" he asks.

"Whats wrong with me?"

"Yes you're a hypocrite," he says.

"Wha-" I start to reply but he cuts me off.

"You don't let yourself feel anything for me just because you're still hung up over Jamie," he says as he grabs my wrists.

"Jaso-" I try to correct but he continues like I never even said anything.

"And yet you complain about him hurting you all the time while you do that to someone else," he finishes.

"Jason is not," I say then halt. Honestly ive been having some feelings for Nate but I don't want to because a part of me-a tiny part of me feels that someday Jason is going to want me back. Nate and Jason are complete opposites so its weird that I like two people with clashing personalities.

"What im saying is im not ready ye-"

"Shut up. You know what you feel, so just admit it," he shouts, his grip tightening.

"I like you okay," I shout. His grip slackens as he stares at me in shock and a little bit of satisfaction.

"But im not ready yet.Got it," I say and try to walk away but he pulls me back.

"I've had it Ally," he shouts back.

This is truly the first time i've seen Nate angry and its not something i'd like to see anytime soon.

"You know what? lets finish this somewhere else," I suggest.

"No, we'll finish it right here. I hate being led on okay; I want you to be my girlfriend for real. If you say yes, I'll try to make you the happiest woman possible and if you say no...I'll never bother you again I swear it. Make your choice once and for all."

×××××××××××××××××××××××××

  LAURA POV

"And that is how you find the gradient," Nick says finally and stares at me with an expectant look on his face while I stare blankly back.

"What?you didn't get it?"he asks worriedly.

"I got it alright; I'm just kidding," I say, playfully punching his arm.

"Ouch," he says, rubbing it exaggeratedly.

"But I can see your mind has not been here. Whats wrong?" he asks.

"Wow you sound like you actually care," I say sarcastically.

"I do care. Whats up?" he inquires as he puts down the books.

I hesitate not knowing whether to tell him or not, but give in.

"I've had a really bad few weeks," I admit with a sigh.

"And by bad, I mean bad, like bad teacher bad," I finish.

"That's bad," he states.

"I know right,"

"Tell me about it,"

"I'm gonna need a drink,"

10 MINUTES LATER

"And my parents are drifting apart day by day. They may end up getting a divorce," I say chugging down my drink.

"Hm," he says listening intensely.

"And to top it off, I have two very persistent exes;one who wouldn't let me go, and one who is just a psychopath," I say miserably.

"So...your ex, Dave," he trails off.

"What about him?" I ask absent mindedly.

"You're over right?"

"Well kinda I guess...its complicated."

"Do you love him?" he asks suddenly and I stare at him for a moment.

"Wow...wow thats intense, but a very good question and I honestly don't know," I say and his green eyes flash.

"I mean we started off as pretend boyfriend and girlfriend for a while just to spite my previous ex and I guess I began to like him along the way," I conclude.

"Who can blame you? he's hot," as he says that, I stare at him and he bursts out laughing.

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say that," I say amusedly.

"What about you?who is Nick?" I ask.

"Well I have a brother, Aiden, who is older with a year."

"Cool...so any likes?dislikes?"

"I love rock bands,"

"Same here. So bands like..."

"Maroon5, you know, and food...I love food," he says.

"Same here;although no one likes food as much as Ally," I state.

"I think my brother is a crackhead," I say randomly.

"Most likely," Nick says and we laugh.

Silence

"Would you like to hang out tomorrow?like a picnic?" he bursts out and I look at him.

"I don't have a good feeling about it," I say drinking.

"Come on, it'll be fun; we'll pack alot of food we'll talk and just hang out. Come on," he insists.

"Fine, it may just turn out great,"

"Yeah totally," he agrees.

But it couldn't have gone more wrong.

A/N: Hey guys sorry for the late update, but my phone had some issues.

Will Ally say yes? What will happen during the date? You're just gonna have to read to find out. Dont forget

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT

THANKS