CHAPTER 4

The day would have been easier if my best friend Ally was with me but she was sick with the flu. The day just kept getting worse. Detention was awful. I sat next to a sophomore that kept chewing gum. I asked her nicely to stop but she didn't. Instead, her chewing became more intense. When I reached for her to force the chewing gum out of her mouth, I was granted detention again which I have to serve tomorrow.

Now at home preparing to go to bed,  I think about Dave's offer. What he is asking is just ridiculous.

'No matter how hurt I am or how hot Dave is, I could never do that to Jake. I'll just have to avoid him' I think and fall asleep soon after.

'Laura get up. Laura' I feel my mom ripping the covers from my body.

'I'm dead' I groan while I sleepily look for the covers.

Before I can comprehend what is happening, she grabs my ankles and drags me out of the bed. I fall and hit my face with a thud. I wake up instantly.

'What is your problem? why are you torturing me? ' I say tearfully.

'Because you sleep like a dead person.' she says.

'You're almost late for school.'

I go to the bathroom and take a shower. I blowdry and straighten my hair then put it in a bun.

I put on a yellow tank top and a white high waist skirt. I tuck in the shirt and wear my charm bracelet which was given to me by my dad on my 11th birthday. He went on an official trip but will be back thursday.

I slip on black ankle high boots and head out my room.

'Eggs and toast?' my mom says as she waves it around my face.

'Yes please. '  she passes the plate and I eat quickly.

'Jake's here' she says.

I almost choke.

'Mom I'm using my own car today. I gotta pick Ally up.'

'But what about Jak-'

'Just leave him there. When he's tired of waiting, he'll leave.' I say and get up. I get my bag and keys then kiss her on the cheek.

'Bye.' I say and head out.

I sneak out the house. Just my luck that I parked out back where he wouldn't notice. I revise and head out to Ally's house. I stop right outside and honk the car. She comes rushing out with a full mouth while holding a half eaten pancake in her hand. I love how carefree she is; she always does whatever she wants without caring for the consequences. She gets in the car and I give her a warm hug.

  5 MINUTES LATER

'And then he says he gives me a day to think about it. so what do you think? ' I ask.

'I don't think you should. You would be in the middle and I know that Dave guy. He's bad news. As soon as you get in, you won't be able to get out.' she says.

Did I mention I love her?

'You are amazing.'

'Aren't I always? ' she says while flipping her hair.

I drive more slowly. 'My brother is coming home this weekend.' I say and look at her from the corner of my eye. I see her face light up.

'Really? ' she cheers unable to hide her joy.

My brother Jason and Ally have been friends since they were kids, even though he was older by a year. They got involved in their crazy antics together until my parents decided it was enough and shipped him to boarding school. I even think they were in love with each other but oh well.

'Yup' I reply just as we arrive at school.

  The day passes by slowly. It seems everywhere I went Dave just seemed to magically appear. I arrive in detention and see the teacher and miss gum from yesterday and I groan. An hour later, detention finally finishes and I walk the empty hallway when all of a sudden I hear Dave's voice  'You thought about my offer yet? '     Uh - oh.

PLEASE  VOTE... FAN.... COMMENT