Epilogue

15 YEARS LATER

"I'm sorry I'm late," I say to Ally and Sam as I rush into the kitchen taking offf my scarf.

"You're always late, and that's coming from me," Ally says.

"Those interns are driving me crazy," I complain.

"I'm sure the feeling is mutual," Sam retorts.

"You're a cardio-thoracic attending, it won't be normal if they don't," Ally adds.

"Where are the boys?" I ask.

"Outside teaching the kids basketball aka they're playing viciously against each other," Ally says looking out the window.

"Who's winning?" I ask.

"Nate and Dan apparently," she says smiling as I and Sam scoff.

"Let's get this show on the road," I say as I help Sam and Ally prepare dinner. We're almost done when Nate comes in, carrying Dan on his shoulder.

"Who's the best basketball player in this room?" He asks proudly.

"I am," Dan says jovially and laughs.

"Hey mom,"

"Mommy," Scott and Aria call out as they hug me.

"How are my babies?" I ask bending down and kissing them both.

"We're good," they both reply.

"We're here for cookies," they say flatly looking around me for some. Even at such a young age, they both show a little of Dave's badassery.

"Honey," Dave says and kisses me on the lips. His scent makes me feel light headed. Jake strolls in then.

"Laura, you finally showed up," he says jokingly as he kisses Samantha.

"Okay kids, go wash your hands and wake Judith and Eddie up; then you can come for cookies," I say and they all run off.

"You boys go set the table," I order.

"Okay, mom," Dave jokes but stops when he sees the look on my face.

We all get together to have dinner once a month. After college, I went to medical school and became a surgeon. Ally is currently a very famous host of a popular tv show. Nate became a lawyer and went into politics. He now holds a seat in the senate. He and Ally got married their second year in college. They filed for divorce a year ago after a string of misunderstandings, but stopped it because let's face it: they love each other. They have three kids, Dan, Judith and Eddie. Dave got into business and is the CEO of Wolfe and sons, a multibillion dollar dynasty. We met again the first year after college, went out on a couple of dates and got married. I gave birth to Scott eight years ago, and Judith two years after. Jake is the only one that went pro. He's now a hotshot basketball player, though Dave says he can still kick his ass anyday on the court. In college, they both ended up in the same fraternity and somehow became really close friends. Jake married Sam, a supermodel, two years ago after a very long engagement. They have twin baby girls, Anna and Linda.

Now as we all sit on the table eating, making jokes and laughing, I realize that we're a family. Jason was found guilty of attempted murder, kidnapping, assault and other charges. He was released four years ago on good behaviour after mandatory theraphy. He left for London after apologizing to Ally and curently resides there. He got engaged a few weeks ago, and I visit him occasionally. He did some bad things, but he's my brother and I love him alot.
Our parents retired a few years ago, and are currently touring the world.
I look at Dave tenderly. I'm married to this amazing guy, I remind myself. It turns out being his pretend girlfriend would be one of the best decisions I have ever made. He looks at me and smiles.

"I love you," I say.

"I love you more," he replies as he kisses me.

"Get a room," Ally screams. Nate throws popcorn at us, Jake makes gagging noises and Sam cheers.

Everything is right!

Author's note: Alhamdulillah! Hey guys, this brings us to the end of 'The Pretend Girlfriend', I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you for reading and supporting this story, and God bless.

I have a new book, titled 'With Love, Your Killer'. Do check it out!

DON'T FORGET

VOTE!

FAN!!

COMMENT!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!