CHAPTER 6

DAVE POV

I check the time as I sit through another of Nate's lectures.

'You can't just force a girl to date you, especially one as stubborn as Laura' he says while waving his hands through the air drammatically.

If Nate wasn't my best friend, I would have walked out a long time ago but I'll probably face hell if I did.

I'm losing the battle wih Jake. He knew I liked her and that was why he decided to date her, I'm sure of it. I have to get her to go out with me one way or another. It would be like killing two birds with one stone; I get to date Laura and also make Jake bitter. perfect. State championship comes up on Saturday and I have to introduce her as my girlfriend by then.

'Dave are you listening to me? ' Nate says looking resigned.

'Yes. Of course'

'Really? Then what was the last thing I said? ' he crosses his arms and waits.

'That I can't get a girl as stubborn as Laura? ' I say hopefully.

'No, that you should stop being a sick retard and woo her the normal way. Jeez' he says

'Fine. I'll try a different approach. Just hopes it works. '

  LAURA POV

I sit at my normal cafeteria table. Its movie night which would be fun since my dad came back yesterday. My brother would come back tomorrow and the house would be complete again.

'What do you want Dave? to threaten me again? ' I say as he sits down beside me.

'No I want to get to know you' he says as he drags my tray to himself.

'Really? ' I ask skeptically

'Yup. I figured dating you by force won't bring the desired effect so I'm gonna woo you'

'Woo me? ' I ask amusedly

'Yup. Let's start over I'm Dave' he says extending his hand.

Maybe this could work.

'I'm Laura' I reply shaking his hand.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

It starts raining as soon as I get home. I get the popcorn and drinks then wait. My dad walks through the door.

'Hey dad time for the movie' I say sitting up excitedly.

'Ok. What would you like to watch first? ' he says plopping down next to me.

'Friday the thirteenth'

'Ok I'll put it in. Go change and call your mom.' he says looking at the cd collection.

I go up to my room to change and find the window open. That's strange because I remember locking it.

As soon as I lock it, I turn to my bed and gasp in shock. Lying on the pillow is a cute teddy bear with a note. I stare at the note.

DREAM ABOUT ME

                                  - DAVE

I can't help it as a smile creeps up on my face.

Isn't that sweet?  liking this story?  VOTE... FAN..... COMMENT