CHAPTER 21

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Jason yells removing his headphones as I barge into his room.

"You're what's wrong with me;why the hell are you stalking my best friend?" I yell back.

"Ally?" He asks.

"Depends... are there others you're stalking?" I fire back.

"There's nothing going on Laura, just mind your business," he says putting his headphones back on.

If he thinks he can ignore me, he's got another thing coming. I walk over to him and rip the headphone from his ears and slam it on the table.

"This is my business, you've been harassing her," I say angrily noting the angry look on his face as he gets up from his bed and towers over me.

"You wanna know what happened? I tried calling her a few times but she's not picking up, so I'm still going to call until she finally replies," he shouts.

"Um Jase, when you call a person you're stalking with no reply, it means the person doesn't want to fucking talk to you," I tell him sarcastically.

"Well I want to talk to her... clear things up," he says shrugging.

"Clear what up?" I ask impatiently.

"It's none of your damn business," he yells annoyed.

"You will leave her alone," I say slowly moving towards him.

He looks like he wants to say something but I interrupt

"Or I will personally tell her the reason mom and dad sent you to boarding school," I say as he gives me a look of shock.

"You won't dare," he growls.

"Well try me," I say blocking the whole event from my mind. It's so horrible I try not to think about it sometimes.

"You won't call her, won't text her, infact if you see her on the road, you turn the other way or I would make sure everyone, not only Ally knows about the Hayley thing, I swear it," I say as he continues to watch me in shock. Up until this event, I haven't told a soul but if he comes anywhere near Ally, he'll leave me no choice.

"I would not let you hurt my best friend," I say still moving towards him until we're almost touching.

"Get out now," he shouts pointing to the door.

"You don't have to ask me twice," I reply.

I turn to go but he grabs me by the arm.

"If you say even a word, you'll wish you've never been born," he says still with that shocked look in his eyes, like he can't believe I'm doing this. He leads me to the door, pushes me out and slams the door on my face. I angrily walk into my room, grab my phone from my bed and call Ally. She picks up on the first ring.

"I need to speak to you," I say with determination.

"Ok I'll com...," she starts but I interrupt.

"No I'll come to you," I say and hang up. I put on my jacket and open my room door only to come face to face with Jason.

"Don't tell her anything," he warns. I make my way past him, brushing his shoulder in the process and head out of the house.

×××

"Slow down," Ally says as I push her into her room and lock the door.

"What's the problem? what happened?" she asks worriedly.

"Are you still in love with my brother?" I ask straight faced.

"Jason?" she asks

"For God's sakes, how many brothers do I have? What is wrong with people today?" I reply agitated.

"Um... not really," she replies slowly.

"Not really? I want a yes or no answer,"

"Well I'm with Nate now,"

"So... no?" I ask relived.

"But I did love him alot," she finishes.

"So you're saying yes?" I ask with apprehension.

"I honestly don't know Laura, but I don't think I am anymore. You know I was once obsessed with him, as he was your hot older brother but now that I know he's a jerk, I'm not anymore," she says with growing conviction.

"Good... very good because I want you to stay away from him," I say slowly.

"Why?" She asks as I fight the urge to tell her. Telling her probably won't hurt as she wont say anything and she's also my best friend, but on the other hand, Jason is my brother.

"Just do it Ally. You were complaining about him before right?"

"Yes," she says simply.

"Good so I need this favour from you just this," I say.

"Okay, but why?" She asks again.

"Just do it," I say impatiently.

"I won't do it until you tell me," she says, stubbornly crossing her arms over her chest.

"I'm doing you a favour here, you'll thank me for it later... you know what, I'll tell you some other time, but for now just stay away from him okay," I say.

"Okay," she replies reluctantly.

"Well I guess that's it, I'll go checkup on Nick," I say turning to the door.

"And I'll be here lying down getting bored to death," she says as she lays on the bed dramatically.

"Don't worry, I'll come back later," I tell her jokingly as I leave her room.

×××

I arrive at Nick's house shortly and meet Aiden watching a game, drinking beer.

"The door's unlocked," I tell him.

"Figured you'd be coming," he says and takes another swig at his beer.

Nick comes to the living room with a bowl of fries in his hands.

"That isn't good for you," I say taking it away.

"So I'm confiscating it," I finish sitting down beside Aiden and putting some in my mouth.

"Come on Laura, just one exception," he laughs and sits beside me.

"Fine," I say jokingly.

"So how are you feeling now?" I ask Nick looking at him.

"Better... much better ... infact, I'll be in school on monday," he says, finishing the last part slowly.

"That's great. The bruises are still there but not as bad," I say holding his head and turning it around to check for bruises.

"You're healing nicely," I finish with satisfaction.

"I wont mind you coming over here to check up on him though," Aiden says and I stare at him.

He stares back and shrugs "You're good company," he says as my phone beeps.

My heart rate picks up as I open the text message
I really need to talk to you, meet me at our spot. -D.

"That your boyfriend? Aiden asks nonchalantly.

"No. I don't have one," I reply.

"Good," he says.

Why is Dave sending this? should I go or is it a bad idea?

THANK YOU GUYS YOU INSPIRE ME.

DON'T FORGET

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT