CHAPTER 10

LAURA POV

"So I guess you're dating Dave now right?" Ally asks me as we sit in my room. I and Dave have been hanging out after school for over a week now.

"Yeah...although i don't know what's happening with him," I confide.

"What do you mean?" she asks worriedly, sitting up.

"I mean we hang out everyday but...' I trail, not knowing whether to tell her.

"But what?" she asks anxiously.

"Well, we were hanging out with his friends and he collected a package from one of them. I think he's into drugs."

I look at her and see no expression on her face.

"What? aren't you surprised?" I ask.

"Frankly, no. I warned you to stay away from him, but you wouldn't listen and there is nothing you can do about it," she says.

"Yes there is. I'm gonna break up with him," I argue.

"Laura, what you have to realize is once you are in, you can't get out. Dave really likes you," she says, holding my hand.

"He can have any girl he wants. Girls throw themselves at him-literally."

"He doesn't want any girl Laura. He wants you. I'll advice you not to break up with him, well not yet anyway." she says.

If she thinks this is bad, she should wait till I tell her about Jake and his threat. It's been over a week now and I'm starting to get relaxed so maybe he was bluffing after all.

"Fine, I'll wait abit. But I will confront him about it though," I say. "You're so stubborn. You should have seen me this week," she says falling on the bed again.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Its Nate. He hasn't stopped asking me to date him. He put flowers in my locker, notes in my notes and other things all week."

"Maybe you should give it a shot. he's really cute-and I mean really. what more do you want?" I advice.

"You're complaining about Dave being bad news and advising me to date his best friend. Whats the point?" she says.

"Good point," I admit.

"Anyway, I'm craving pizza. Lets order," Ally says excitedly as we make our way down the stairs.

*******

   ALLY POV

As we make our way downstairs, I spot Jason in the kitchen. He looks at us and smiles.

"Hey Als, what are you doing here?" he asks. No matter what I feel for him, I'm going to have to hide it

"Laura invited me. I'm staying over," I say as I turn to Laura

"I'll order pizza now," I say as my phone rings.

"Hello,"

"Hey Ally," I hear Nate say on the other line.

"Nate how did you get my number?" I ask.

"I have my ways; wanna hang out?" I see Jason looking at me curiously.

"No Nate, not today," I reply.

"Alright. Tomorrow?" he asks hopefully.

"Still no, I will be busy," I reply.

"Alright...so can I come over?" he asks.

"Goodbye Nate," I say as I hang up. Jason walks over to me

"Can I help you?" I ask.

"Who's Nate?" he asks angrily.

"None of your business Jason," I say and try to walk away but he grabs my hand and turns me to face him.

"Whoever he is, he's not good enough for you ok?" he says still holding me.

"Let go of me," I say as I shake off his grip.

"What's it to you anyway?" I shout.

"I care about you Ally," he replies.

I scoff and turn to leave. Laura just sits and stares at the scenario as I make my way upstairs.

"Won't you order pizza?" she calls after me.

"I've lost my apetite," I shout. If Jason dosen't like me, then why is he acting like this?

DON'T FORGET

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT