Chapter 27: Thinly Veiled Euphemisms

By deliberately lowering his voice to a whisper, Gu Wei had unknowingly made himself sound incredibly alluring and coquettish. In his eagerness to hear Jiang Xun's answer, he stuck close to Jiang Xun's side, practically plastered against his shoulder.

But no answers were forthcoming.

"Ge?" Gu Wei prompted. He even added a reassurance, saying, "Don't worry. You can think about it and text me on WeChat later."

He still received no answer, but he did elicit a reaction from Jiang Xun with that. As he watched, Jiang Xun's very nice and very handsome hands rose up.

In the blink of an eye, Gu Wei's world tipped sideways. He was suddenly pulled into Jiang Xun's lap before he could react, and suddenly the scent of Jiang Xun's crisp and refreshing cologne was all around him again.

Then, still without any warning, Jiang Xun raised a hand and—not too lightly, but also not too hard—gave Gu Wei's butt a slap.

Gu Wei froze.

Even when Gu Wei had been exposed as a fake Jiang Xun fan during the recording of their reality show, Jiang Xun's reaction hadn't been so pronounced.

Gu Wei lifted his head and shot Jiang Xun an incredulous look. "Why did the meme hit me?"

"Because my little wife is misbehaving again," Jiang Xun said. "Come on, give it some thought. What did you do wrong?"

Gu Wei was genuinely baffled. He had almost no self-awareness when it came to these things, and often didn't realize when his actions could be construed as flirtatious.

And if he didn't know, then Jiang Xun would have to teach him a 'lesson'.

What did he do wrong?

Gu Wei suddenly had a guess.

"Was it because I asked about your size?" Gu Wei ventured. "If there's a problem with your size, you can tell me over WeChat, and… ah!"

Jiang Xun had given his butt another slap.

"Wrong," Jiang Xun said. "You really don't understand."

Gu Wei fell silent again.

His assistant Mu Yue was listening to rock music with her earbuds tightly plugging up her ears. She seemed completely unaware of what was happening in the back seat. The driver, meanwhile, was completely focused on driving and didn't pay the back seat any mind at all.

"Can't think of anything else?" Jiang Xun asked.

Gu Wei shook his head.

"Have a really good, hard think about what you just asked me," Jiang Xun prompted. "And don't move."

Gu Wei obediently thought about it.

And of course he didn't dare to move a muscle.

What had he just asked Jiang Xun?

His type. The kind of play he liked. And his size.

Realization struck.

When Jiang Xun put it like that, Gu Wei suddenly became aware that those three questions, coming from him, could very well have sounded like a subtle… invitation.

The still-ambiguous matter of that engagement between them only made things worse.

When Gu Wei said nothing, Jiang Xun added, "Have you realized?"

Gu Wei blushed furiously and tugged at the cuffs of Jiang Xun's sleeves. He nodded.

"Based on what you just asked me," Jiang Xun continued, "can I take it to mean you're… begging me to take you?"