Chapter 79: Shippers, Stay Strong

A certain response to a certain Good Luck Koi post was spread around Weibo by certain members of a popular boy band, and more and more people rallied to wish Team TMW good luck.

#GuWeiGoodLuckKoi

#JiangYingFightsBack

#HedgehogsAndShadowsWorkTogether

#GoodLuckTMW

All these tags trended that day.

The netizens who had closely observed these recent developments began to chime in with their opinions—

[I suddenly get the appeal of Jiang Ying. He's fierce, but he's cute.]

[Holy crap, my favorite gege and I shared the same Good Luck Koi! Can I take this to mean we're made for each other?]

[Gu Wei is pretty brave to share a post like that. He must know that Jiang Xun's toxic fans are all super vicious.]

[I used to think the members of T.ATW just minded their own business and did their own thing. I thought they weren't close at all, but that really doesn't seem to be the case.]

[I don't know why, but ever since I saw that photo of Fu Zhi-gege reading a newspaper in their rehearsal room, I've felt like every post he puts up on Weibo has an old man smell to it lololol.]

[I have faith in TMW. They can win this. It was their superior abilities, not luck, that led them to victory in the past. All these rabid spammers can just shut up and go to sleep already.]

On that day, a certain celebrity who had been dragged to hell and back let out a breath of relief. Until now, Jiang Enyuan had been trending for days on end.

"Jiang Xun is such a good person," Jiang Enyuan's manager enthused. "Whether it was intentional or not, he's helped you get off the trending board for now."

"Looks that way," Jiang Enyuan said absently. He had been attacked so fiercely and so frequently these past few days that he seemed to exist in a constant state of panic.

"The agency is working hard on doing damage control for you, and your new drama is coming out soon. When it airs, you'll probably pull in a bunch of new fans. Enough to make up for the fans you've been losing. There are some people that only care about your face, after all. Not your personality."

Gu Wei knew Jiang Xun was busy with his tournament and wouldn't be checking Weibo for a while. Even so, Gu Wei didn't like seeing all the negative comments about Jiang Xun and TMW flooding the internet.

The final round of the winter tournament was one of the toughest matches TMW had faced all year. For one thing, the score gap between them and the first place team was fairly substantial. For another, the team in first place had adopted an aggressive playstyle that was difficult to contend with.

Every member of Team TMW emitted a heavy aura of intensity. They gave their monitors their full concentration, doing their utmost to claim a victory.

No one in T.ATW had any shows to film that night, and none of them had even gone into the dance rehearsal room. They were all gathered in the living room, intently watching the livestream of the finals on TV.

Whenever TMW lost a point to the other team, it seemed all five members of T.ATW stopped breathing. Whenever Jiang Xun or another member of TMW claimed a point, the living room broke out in raucous cheers.

"Let them go crazy," Manager Zhao said to Mu Yue that night, shaking her head to indicate that they shouldn't disturb the boys. "This happens once in a while. You just need to get used to it. The only difference this time is Gu Wei is going crazy with them."