Chapter 71: Sugar High

"Who?" Jiang Xun echoed.

"Should we get out?" Gu Wei suggested, trying desperately to change the subject.

Gu Wei was keen to escape this conversation and this situation, but Jiang Xun wasn't so easily bamboozled. He tugged down the zipper of Gu Wei's down jacket and slipped his slightly cold hands under the hem of Gu Wei's sweater. Before Gu Wei could mount a protest, one of those hands pinched a… certain spot on his chest.

Jiang Xun's touch sent a tremor through Gu Wei's whole body. Gu Wei leaned even more heavily against Jiang Xun's shoulder, and a whimper that sounded like a plea for forgiveness escaped his lips.

"So, who was it who asked me that?" Jiang Xun asked, picking up the topic without removing his wandering hands.

"It was… me."

"Wouldn't it have been easier to admit that sooner? It's not like I won't tell you," Jiang Xun teased. Once he had an answer, he let Gu Wei go. "And didn't I once tell you I would have you pay for all your mistakes? Does Gu Weiwei remember that?"

"I remember…" Gu Wei's voice was so quiet that it was almost inaudible.

"Then, later, let's count up how much you owe together."

Jiang Xun stopped messing with Gu Wei, and Gu Wei scrambled back into the passenger seat. The two of them sat in the car in silence for a while, quietly trying to calm themselves down. But once that sort of atmosphere arose between two people, it was very difficult to quell.

Gu Wei leaned against the car door, willing the heat that had risen in his body to go back down. It was cold enough outside that a thin layer of condensation had formed on the glass of the window. Gu Wei absently lifted a hand and started scribbling and doodling on the glass.

It wasn't until a while later that he realized he had been scribbling Jiang Xun's name.

"Let's go," Jiang Xun said curtly after a long while. He sounded like he wasn't in a very good mood.

Gu Wei hastily followed Jiang Xun out of the car. "Are you angry?"

"I'm not angry. It's a little angry."

Gu Wei was silent.

Well, he didn't care about that. It could be as angry as it wanted. Not like it was the first time Gu Wei had made it angry. If it was still mad, it could just go back in the car and sit for a while longer.

Jiang Xun seemed to have some business at the club that day, so he asked Gu Wei to wait for him at his seat in the training room. There weren't many people in the training room, but Yi Qing was at her computer, intently gazing at her monitor. Gu Wei scooted his chair closer and watched her train.

The young lady was focused on her training with single-minded determination. She seemed even more irritable than usual when she was in the middle of a match. Her fingers flew across the keyboard, slamming out a clicky-clacky cacophony.

At the end of the round, she spat a scathing insult into her mic: "Fuck off, noob. You think you can beat TMW at your level?"

Gu Wei frowned.

The 'noob' in him was a little offended.

Whoever Yi Qing had been playing obviously tried to counter, but Yi Qing interrupted, "Let's not even talk about your shitty positioning. If you scattered some rice onto your keyboard, even a fucking chicken could…"

She turned and suddenly discovered there was someone else sitting in Jiang Xun's usual seat.

Gu Wei waved. "Ah, hello."