Chapter 94: Is Weiwei Sweet?

Gu Wei and Jiang Xun didn't make their wedding date public, but the vast majority of netizens had managed to guess the date.

Because on that day, Jiang Ying had cleared his schedule. T.ATW had cleared their schedules as well. And no one on Team TMW had scheduled a livestream. Based on that information, it wasn't hard for netizens to pinpoint the wedding date.

[Will our gege post a selfie on their wedding day? I want to see the proof that my ship is really really real.]

[I just knew they would get married all sneakily, wahhhhhhh.]

[I'm so satisfied. I've shipped this since the first installment of 'Escape Without a Trace', and now look where we are. I want to thank every 'FoodForXunWei' shipper for enduring these difficult times with me.]

[Weiwei, be sure to use your wedding and honeymoon to rest well. I feel like he's been super busy ever since he came in first in the popularity rankings.]

[You're dreaming. Jiang Xun wouldn't let himself suffer just to let Weiwei rest.]

When it came to marriage, Jiang Xun was extremely considerate of Gu Wei's career. He didn't rush Gu Wei into anything, but Gu Wei was the one who was keen to fulfill Jiang Xun's wishes.

"You're the one who said we needed a proper celebration," Gu Wei had once said, after being kissed breathless. He worried at his lower lip and added, "Plus, I've already turned my career around."

"Then let's get married," Jiang Xun had agreed without hesitation. "Afterwards, I'll slowly teach you everything you need to know."

Gu Wei said nothing.

They were both busy people. T.ATW made a lot of group appearances together, and that year they had to travel overseas for some international events as well. Gu Wei's agency had also accepted another drama for him, and Jiang Xun was also busy with TMW and his family's entertainment agency.

With how rarely they were able to see each other, Jiang Xun was exceptionally fierce every time they met up. Gu Wei was always a little hesitant, always taught a lesson, and always bullied until he cried. Then Jiang Xun would hug him close and whisper reassurances in his ear, promising him anything he desired.

After a while, Gu Wei warmed up to it all.

The night before his wedding day, Gu Wei received a phone call.

When he answered, the caller didn't speak right away.

Gu Wei was silent for a moment as well, before he asked, "Mom?"

"Weiwei, it's your mother," Ling Yixuan finally said. "I saw people talking about it on Weibo. You're getting married tomorrow?"

Gu Wei hummed an affirmative.

"Then I won't come, and you probably… don't want to see me," Ling Yixuan said. "I heard from your father. You were… depressed?"

"I'm fine now," Gu Wei answered, cutting off that line of questioning. "I haven't needed medication for a long time now. If you see anything online, just read it and move on. You don't need to worry."

"I just want to apologize to you. I… shouldn't have hurt you. I shouldn't have said you were useless like your father." Ling Yixuan's voice was extremely light and distant, like she was lost in her memories. "I can't control you. If you want to get married, just be sure to live happily."

"I will. Jiang Xun is really good to me," Gu Wei said. "I'm not going to be like you."

He paused for a moment, then continued, "You don't love me, but I still want to thank you."