Chapter 51: Inconceivable

After spending too much time scrolling through #FoodForXunWei posts on Weibo, Gu Wei had wanted to escape the topic for a while by chatting with Jiang Xun. He never imagined Jiang Xun would have been shamelessly browsing the supertopic as well, and now he had to wonder exactly how much Jiang Xun had learned.

Gu Wei hesitated for a moment, then decided it would be best to simply ask.

[If You Love Me Please Send Me Money]: How much did you see?

[Husband]: They're the most precious boys!

[Husband]: Ah ah ahhhhhh the only question is when they're getting married!

[Husband]: I'll go file the marriage license for you guys, okay?!?!?!

Gu Wei stared at his cell phone screen.

If it wasn't for the still objectively untrue nickname attached to those messages, Gu Wei would have thought he was suddenly chatting with a bona fide shipper.

Just a few moments earlier, Gu Wei had been checking up on Jiang Xun's tournament results and watching highlight clips of Jiang Xun trash talking his opponents and fiercely barking orders during his match. He exuded a ruthless, handsome air in those clips, and his fans all swarmed online to rave about his epicness. But now—

Jiang Xun was on WeChat, teasing Gu Wei by acting like one of their shippers.

Gu Wei really couldn't tell what Jiang Xun was thinking or feeling based on the string of ridiculous messages he had just sent.

[If You Love Me Please Send Me Money]: Ge.

[Husband]: So? Do I sound like one of them?

[If You Love Me Please Send Me Money]: You do, but…

[If You Love Me Please Send Me Money]: Don't forget you're an esports player. You don't need to learn so much about this entertainment industry stuff. Just ignore it.

[Husband]: No.

[If You Love Me Please Send Me Money]: ……

[Husband]: After my tournament ends in a few days, I'll visit you.

Gu Wei's heart skipped a beat at that. He was elated by the thought of it, and he wanted to respond right away, but Jiang Xun started a video chat with him before he could start typing. Gu Wei accepted the call without even thinking about it.

Jiang Xun had just gotten out of a post-game interview. He was still wearing his team's uniform, all black and sleek with TMW's golden logo of a bow and arrow wrapped up in twisting, thorny vines on the front. Gu Wei didn't think much of the logo in the past, but now that he had started following TMW's competitions, he felt himself getting a little excited every time he saw that logo on Jiang Xun's uniform.

"Did you watch my game?" Jiang Xun asked from the other end of the line.

"I did." Gu Wei smiled. Just talking about the game lifted his spirits. "You were amazing out there. Everyone says you're a reliable player and a good commander."

"This little fake fan isn't making more reaction memes of me, is he?" Jiang Xun asked, only half-joking. Gu Wei had a long criminal record of such acts, after all.

"I'm not," Gu Wei said, straightening up. "Ge, I swear I'm not just a fan of your reaction memes anymore. I'm a fan of you."

His voice climbed higher, growing louder, as he made his earnest declaration. On the other end of the call, Jiang Xun couldn't help but laugh.

"Weiwei, let me ask you a question."

"What is it?" Gu Wei said.

"Do you still want to call off the engagement?"