10

Heeseung set the table. Each seat had seven chalices full of blood. The blood had come from a couple deer he hunted with Jake. This world had taken a lot to get used to. Jay had read up on vampire lore immensely. They are predatory creatures that feed on blood. They are supposed to burn in the sun. After crossing into this world, they did everything in their power to survive. However, they don't burn in the sun. The sun didn't harm them in anyway & didn't warm their skin at all.

Jungwon entered the dining hall when Heeseung was setting the table. "형, 괜찮아요? 정신이 없어 보여요." (Hyung, are you alright ? You seem distracted.) Heeseung sighed. Sunoo, Niki, & Jungwon were the younger of them. The older boys tried to not worry them much. "When did you come down ?" Jungwon knew Heeseung was deflecting, but wasn't going to push. One by one the others entered the dining hall.

Sunghoon was the last to arrive. He after sent time at the ice rink. They all sat around their table beginning to have their dinner. "I had seen that girl staring at the house again tonight. What are we going to do about that ?" Engene repeatedly was around their home & staring. It didn't bother them, but it was odd behavior for a human. Jake rolled his eyes, "What are you thinking ? We can't just harm her for being interested in the house."

Sunoo looked out the window to his right. It was a clear view of the moon. "She is too interested in us. We can't afford being discovered for what we are." Jay sighed, "저희는 아무것도 안 해요, 성훈 씨. 그녀는 문제가 아니다. 그것은 그냥 인간 소녀입니다." (We don't do anything, Sunghoon. She isn't an issue. It is just a human girl.) Jungwon, Niki, & Sunoo remained quiet. Intervening would only cause a bigger argument. Sunghoon couldn't believe his ears. Were they not worried about their existence being exposed ? Would they always be blinded by their need to hang onto their humanity ? They weren't human anymore. So why did it matter ?

Sunghoon took one of his chalices, excusing himself. He went to his room. Out of all of them, his desire to survive was the strongest. He wasn't scared of the harder decisions.

Meanwhile...

Engene packed some clothes & other necessities into a backpack. She called her friend as she got ready to climb out her window. "I don't think this is a good idea, Engene." Her decision was risky.

Engene was very agile & in shape for such a small girl. Little did she know the true reason behind this. "Aren't you curious ? The Lee estate probably holds many hidden secrets."

Her friend never understood why Engene needed to be around the Lee estate. Nor did anyone understand why Engene was so determined to ignore her family' warning. "그냥 좀 내버려둘 수 있어요? 당신은 그 집에 집착하고 있잖아요." (Can you let this go ? You are obsessed with that house.)

Engene gracefully flipped off her room into her backyard garden. She wasn't at all concerned that she ruined her grandmother' garden as she snuck away. "I am going. What could go wrong ?", she said not knowing how this night could go.

Soon enough Engene found herself at the gate to the Lee estate...