20

Heeseung walked with me. I was determined. I was ready this time. To face my father. To keep my promise. "무리하지 마세요. 그들은 여전히 당신의 가족입니다." (Don't over do it. They still are your family.) I know he was worried by my behavior. I just couldn't let Myungjin down. I ran a hand through my hair, "No they are not. That ended when my father tried to kill me, Heeseung."

Soon enough we reached my house. The house was empty. I crept up the steps slowly. A note on the door claimed that I was missing. I twisted the doorknob, letting myself into the house I knew so well. Heeseung wasn't far behind me. I grabbed the clock when we heard the sound of my grandfather as he made it known he stayed behind. A javelin sized stake in his hand. The stake covered in dried blood. Was that the very weapon that killed Myungjin ? "I can't let you take that, Engene. You are no longer a part of this family. It doesn't belong to you."

I scoffed. Did he think I cared anymore ? "It is mine. Myungjin wants me to have it. After all isn't it made from his ashes ?" My grandfather glared at me. My guess, I wasn't supposed to know that. Let alone try to take the clock. "How do you know that ?" I was glad his attention was on me instead of Heeseung. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if he got hurt just like Jake. "제가 알아냈어요, 할아버지. 당신은 엄마에게 이 시계를 선물했고, 당신은 항상 그것을 소중히 여겼습니다." (I figured it out, Grandpa. You gifted Mom this clock, and you always treasured it.)

That was when he charged at me. I felt super charged. I grabbed the stake when it was a mere few inches from my chest. "You ungrateful brat ! Let go !" I let out a chuckle, "Why would I let go ? Don't be foolish, Grandpa. I won't let you win this time." I could see how frustrated he was getting. I was no longer his granddaughter. I was the enemy. 

He pushed the stake an inch closer, still unaware of Heeseung. He had found a dagger. "마지막으로 하실 말씀?" (Any last words ?) My grandfather was cocky. He had no idea he was going to lose. I smiled, "I'm not sorry..." A this exact moment Heeseung stabbed the dagger deep in my grandfather' side. He crumbled to his knees. Blood was quickly covering the floor. I ripped the javelin stake from his grip. 

I had half a mind to stab this stake through his heart. I snarled raising the stake. I motioned to stab him with the stake when Heeseung had caught my wrist. "He isn't worth it. Lets leave, Engene." 

I followed him out silently. My grandfather' pleads & cries were all I could hear as we left. My heart felt heavy as I took each step. "I would've went through with it...What does that say about me ?" Heeseung didn't say anything as we made our way back to the others. 

Once back I went to see Sunghoon. Much to the dismay of the others giving me countless warnings.