Family History Pt. 2 (15)

I couldn't believe what I had learned. My ancestor helped a vampire & was one at a point. His father killed him. "Is that it ? You're worried you'll have to kill me if the suspicions about the Lee estate is true ?" They weren't worried about me. It was just the horror that they would possibly have to put me down.

My mother reached for my hand, "We love you, but this family won't tolerate you becoming a bloodsucking creature. If we have to, we'll have to." I know she was trying to comfort me. It wasn't really helping. Tears flowed from my eyes as I headed for the door. "Who says that the creatures you want dead aren't alive in a way ? Who says they can't learn to control their thirst ? Huh ?" 

Learning what I have, I can't let my family anywhere near the Lee estate. Let alone let them find out they are vampires. "그들은? 그 더러운 피 어리버리들은 정말 혐오스러워요. 그들은 인간성이 없어요. 그들은 사람이 아니다," (What about them ? Those filthy bloodsuckers are an abomination. They hold no humanity. They aren't human,) my father said without even blinking an eye.

I quickly left. I took off running. I needed to warn them. I needed to help them before it was too late. There was something my family had yet explained to me. If I am human, why are they so worried about me becoming a vampire ? I tried not to think about while I made my way to the Lee estate. 

"Engene !" I could hear my father yell. I turned around to find him standing with a javelin sized stake. Like a spear. He also held a handcrafted gun. I could hear the change in his voice. I was his daughter, but if I kept running he'd take his shot.  I stopped in the middle of the street. Would he actually hurt me without a care in the world ? "안 돼요! 아빠, 제발! 해치지 마요!" (No ! Dad, please ! Don't hurt me !)

From there it was like time slowed. My father didn't even blink. That is when a single shot rang out. I stood immobilized. Just watching as the bullet came my way. Suddenly, I was pulled out of the way. The bullet hitting a wall. "Are you stupid ? Engene ?" That voice. I knew that voice. I looked up finding Jake. Why was he here ? I couldn't even respond before we were running.

Jake was fast, but I wasn't. "You came ?", I asked utterly confused. Shouldn't he be leaving me to fend for myself ? Any response I would've gotten was cut off while I heard three consecutive shots were fired. We managed to surpass two of the shots. I crumbled to my knees as a bullet lodged itself in my side. "I am truly sorry, my daughter. But I refuse to allow you to act so foolish. Trusting a lowly creature will only result in your death," My father said this calmly was as bitter smile formed on his face. 

Then everything was becoming dark...