Family History Pt. 1 (14)

I entered my house slowly. As soon as I was inside I was smothered with questions & being inspected for injuries. I swatted all of them away. "말해 주세요 우리 가족이 왜 이러는지 말해주세요. 난 진실을 원해요. 거짓말이 아니에요." (Tell me. Tell me why our family is like this. I want the truth. No lies.)

It wasn't long before I was sat down by my father. My eyes traveled over my family as all was quiet for a bit. They all seemed relieved that I wasn't injured. At least they were worried, but I fear that they weren't necessarily worried about me. I doubt they would be this calm if I had come back wounded, or if I had never come back home.

My grandfather began telling me what he knew. The reason my family was so touchy about the supernatural & Halloween. Was I ready for I was going to hear ? Only time will tell...

Our ancestor, Choi Myungjin 최명진 was obsessed with the supernatural. Especially with vampires. At the time when he first discovered a vampire was around his eighteenth birthday. It was late at night when he was watching the moon. His home wasn't far from the cemetery. 

A cold breeze occurred that night. Out of curiosity, Myungjin went to the cemetery. When he got there he was absolutely  horrified. A corpse had clawed itself up from its grave. The casket open as they stared at it in disgust. There was no logical reason as to why a corpse was alive. Or at least seemed to be alive.

The living corpse turned its attention to Myungjin. This repulsive creature tackles Myungjin to the ground hissing. Up close its unnatural features could be seen. Fangs, red eyes, & unnatural speed. With strength to match. "피요...피가 필요해요...도와주세요, 제발..." (Blood...I need blood...help me, please...) The creature seemed to still have some humanity left in it.

Myungjin brought the creature home. He quickly cut his palm & held it out to the creature. Without much control the thing fed on Myungjin' blood. Myungjin was bled dry by the creature he helped. He died  because of the creature. 

The creature stayed by his side. Even if Myungjin' body no longer seemed to breathe any form of life. A couple days later, Myungjin' body suddenly rose. The creature gave a teary-eyed smile. With an insatiable thirst Myungjin began feeding on whatever he could. The creature acted much like a child, always was most comfortable around Myungjin. Followed Myungjin' instruction. 

Time had eventually caught up to them. Myungjin'  father was a craftsman & huntsman. His father sharped a piece of wood, a stake. Myungjin watched as his father drove the stake through his bloodsucking companion. Myungjin ran as his father chased him, "명진 씨, 죽어야 해요! 이런 행동을 계속하는 건 용납할 수 없어요!"(You have to die, Myungjin ! I can't allow you to continue this behavior !) His father was determined to kill his son, for he was no longer the boy he remembered.

Myungjin was unaware, but his girlfriend Park Jiwon 박지원 was pregnant. Their child would later be revealed to be a son. Myungjin barely escaped his father. He was brutally & grotesquely pierced through the heart by the wooden stake his father wielded. "지원이요.지원이한테 말해요.사랑한다고 전해줘요진심으로요..." (Jiwon...Tell Jiwon...Tell her I love her...with all my heart...)

That was the last thing he muttered before he was dead once more.